Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

Sunrise 3D shoot

Anyone here going to shoot at the Sunrise 3D shoot over the 4th weekend? I will be shooting in the "just for fun" shoot with a few friends, should be alot of fun.

I've never been but a friend whohas been in years past invited me so hopefully I will be there this year. It sounds like fun, ride the ski lifts up then take a leisurely walk down the mountain shooting 3D on the way down. No uphill hiking and lots of shooting, who wouldnt like that?

For the past several years, I have been involved with the tri club scene shoot in northern AZ over the 4th, but this year, the date was moved to June to not conflict with the Sunrise shoot. Will try to make Sunrise this year as I have heard many good things. More info for anyone interested.

http://www.sunriseskipark.com/3-d%20shootout%202005.shtml

Doug~RedRabbit

I went to the sunrise shoot last year with a few close friends and my 6 year old son Gage. we all had a great time. It was my sons first shoot and he thought it was the coolest thing to be shooting with th guys. If you have not been to this shoot you should give it a "shot". Take the kids and give him a memory he will talk about for years to come. :rolleyes:

I have a few questions. I was told that you shoot from the chair, as you go down. It now seems that you walk down, makes more sense to me, but do you shoot directly down hill?

BASS

They drop you of on top and you walk down,as far as the targets go they have them set up to shoot up hill, down hill, in medows, and trees. There is also venders there selling binos,bows,you name it if it has to do with archery hunting it's for sale there. There's a kids train ride, a rock wall, and even a day care in case you have little ones that need to be watched. Hope this helps you guys who have not had a chance to go. B)

Looks like I am going to be able to make it, it sounds like fun.

Redman

Had a great time at the shoot. It was pretty awsome, top notch. Shot with some really nice people. The wind on Sunday made it tough, but hey its windy during hunting season.

Fished a bit, I was upset that people not fishing on the reservation (aka the wife) have to now purchase a "recreation permit". When I asked the warden that checked us, he said " last year we had a lot of people coming out here not fishing reading books, sitting by the lakes and enjoying the outdoors and not purchasing a permit" I almost fell over after he said that, I replied with, isn't that what your supposed to do, enjoy the outdoors? Everything has a price tag now, even if the wife who wouldn't touch a fish for anything wants to sit with me and my 9 and 1.5 year old sons while we fish.

I was reminded why I purchase a hunt and fish combo license each year, so I can take my wife and kids to a state lake and they can sit and enjoy the outdoors for FREE!! (at least for now).

Redman

Recreation Permit...........That's flat out BULLSH!T :) Enjoy our outdoors is right...I would have a real hard time paying for one of them permits, infact I wouldn't.

My hunting partner/cousin went to this shoot a few years ago and he had a blast. He sold me on going but the 4th of July is big in my family and my favorite(only) brother birthday is on the 5th so it has been hard to go as not all of my family are bow hunters.

My it seems a long time since I have posted!

If it isn't school :blink: , a re-model on the bathrooms :blink: , work :blink: , etc :blink: ,etc.... :blink: .....etc.

I have been reading your guys posts and some great topics lately to help pass the time till draw results are out!

Thanks every one for helping me have some sort of routine. ;)

:ph34r:

I just got back today from a long weekend in the high country, I agree REDMAN that the shoot was set up top notch. There were some challenging shots especially with the wind kicking up. I was happy to see allot of youngsters shooting, we had 4 kids in our group that had a ball shooting the courses.

Can't wait until next year!