KidBowHunter

Pray for Marvin Robbins' family

About 6 years ago I went to a 2hr Turkey seminar. I had never hunted Turkey and lucky for me Marvin was speaking. His passion for turkey hunting was incredible. He sold me a cassette tape that is one of 2 that I keep in my truck. " Understanding the spring turkey season" . I've listened to it over and over and over... It helped me get a shot at big Spring Tom this season, even though I got mad clucker disease and missed.

Marvin- you've helped lots of folks become better turkey hunters and from the sounds of the post here some better people in the world as well. For this I thank you...

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1256686170_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows any info on the services for Marvin, could you please post them. Thanks.

Lee

Bowhunter4life,

Thanks. I forwarded the info to my friend who knew Marvin and was asking.

Lee

Our prayers go out for Marvin's family and others who mourn his passing.

My son and I attended two of his turkey camp-schools on the Rim and he taught us so much. We are thankful that his family shared him and his knowledge of turkey with us and so many others. He was as free with his turky knowledge as he was with his testimony of Christ.

His passing while doing what he loved was another "tender mercy" of our Father in Heaven extended to a worthy son.

Marvin's funeral was today. While it was sad at times, it truly was a celebration of his life. More than anything, it was a celebration of Marvin going home to Christ!

One of Marvin's close friends, Don Hawkins, flew in from Alabama to speak at the service. Don is president of Southeastern Bible College. While Don was speaking, I was stunned to hear some familiar things about Marvin. Don read THIS THREAD from CWT.com during the service! I introduced myself and Troy to Don after the service. He told us that before traveling to Phoenix, he Googled Marvin's name, and this thread from CWT popped up. He was so moved by these posts, he included them in the service. Your posts about Marvin really touched everyone at the service.

God Bless!

Mark

I really wish I had known the man based on all the great things I have heard about him. How very nice that some of the posts here in this thread were used in his tribute at the funeral. What better things can be said of a man than that he loved his family, made a positive difference in others lives, and served God?

And as has been said, I can hardly imagine a better way to die.

Rest in Peace Marvin.

Amanda