Sign in to follow this  
Young

Finished October with Success

Talked my dad and father-n-law into taking one last trip down to the mountains this morning. With the cooler weather I figured the bucks would be out longer than this past weekend. We got to our glassing spot at first light,set up the tripod/binos, and it was game on all over again. I had been glassing for 10 minutes or so and caught movement about 400 yards moving away from us and up the ridge. BUCKS.2 bucks to be exact. Both were small forkies but my father-n-law was willing to shoot anything. So we devised a plan that would put us about 80 yards above the saddle that they had just topped over in and away we went. In a matter of no time we were where we wanted to be and the glassing began. We were looking down the other side of the mountain when I herd rolling rocks to my right. With a quick turn of my head, I could see both bucks trotting away at a mere 80-90 yards. Light on his feet, he quickly positioned himself for the shot. When the first buck cleared into the first available opening, he went down for good.

Father-n-law

post-2386-1256772745_thumb.jpg

Me and him

post-2386-1256772857_thumb.jpg

After the buck went down, I radioed my dad to come on over and we would come up with a game plan for the remainder of the day. As he was hiking over I decided to throw up the binos and do a little glassing. NO JOKE, the first oak tree I laid eyes one had a buck standing under it. And he was nice. As my dad approached he was winded and out of breath. But when I hold him I had found a nice buck for him all that seemed to go away. My dad and father-n-law had to sneak closer for the 536 yard shot I had ranged the buck at. My dad is not comfortable shooting at those long ranges. I was going to stay back and be the eyes on this one. They closed the gap to around 270 yards and with 2 shots from his 7mm mag, it was game over.

We had two bucks down and it was barely after 9:00am. I couldn't be happier for them both and I'm so glad I was able to be there and experience this great but short hunting adventure.

Dad and his buck

post-2386-1256774300_thumb.jpg

Me and dad

post-2386-1256774402_thumb.jpg

Les and dad

post-2386-1256774559_thumb.jpg

congrats brotha! i was out this morning in 34A....It was a chilli morning, saw some bucks but nothing worth letting them have it. Again congrats to you, your dad and family. way to get it done. Hit me up next week.

good job cuz. Way to get it done.

Contrats on helping out with two more bucks. Both the hunters look happy which is what it is all about.

Aaron