We gotter done one more time, this time Gabriel (my youngest son) scored on the first rifle opener. He shot this buck at 100 yards about 1.5 miles from the nearest road.

post-35-1257717758_thumb.jpg

Here's Gabe on the last leg of the death walk he took to get this buck back.

post-35-1257717847_thumb.jpg

This is what a worn out boy looks like after carring his first coues deer 1.5 miles up and down two ridges, good job kid!!! Daddy had the hard job of carrying back his gun and giving him water when he needed it. ;)

post-35-1257717865_thumb.jpg

Congrats on a great hunt!!!

Tommy, where was Gabe when we had to drag my mulie a hundred yards down that hill? I hope you're minding your P's and Q's around that kid... I think he's big enough to take you ;)

Great job, and carrying out on the back a mile and a half. Wanna go elk hunting??? :D You must be having the time of your life Tommy, very good.

Congratulations Gabe,

--Bill

Congrats on a great looking buck. I have packed several bucks out that way and it is never fun. Good job and way to get it done.

Aaron

Outstanding! Great buck! Me thinks Dad was having a lil' fun at Gabe's expense! :P I bet if that was Dad's buck and he was alone... that buck would have been boned out for that 1.5 mile trek! ;)

Great memories!!! :D