elkman

leica geovid

i am thinking about trading in the swaros for the geovids. has anyone used them, how is the range finder on long distances. does it feed back fast.

if i do i will be selling the swaro 15s for 1600 if anyone is interested

I just did the very same thing. I sold my swarovski 10x42's and bought the geovids. The glass is better, and the range finder is rated out to 1300 yards. I have personally had it read 1150 off a tripod. The range finder is instant; no delay at all. The best part is you can actually see the number print out in the rangefinder, unlike the swarovski range finder.. I say do it and never look back. I love swarovski glass, and would never had traded other than the range finder feature, but in retrospect I am glad I did for both the rangefinder feature, and I truelly think the glass is brighter...

Whitey

I just bought the swaro 15's about a month ago and it didn't even register to me that I should have got the 15X geovids for about $300 less. I would go for it if I were you. But I sure love the swaro's.

Ive had the geovids for a yr... sure lovem... just spent a week glassin and dang, what a difference they make compared to my buddys' glass. If i recall, its ranged out to about 1250ish... one other thing, since the rangefinder is in the spot that the swaro tripod attachment usually goes, you need to get the Outdoorsmans objective ring to mount to your tripod... and its extremely stable. good luck

I just bought the swaro 15's about a month ago and it didn't even register to me that I should have got the 15X geovids for about $300 less. I would go for it if I were you. But I sure love the swaro's.

Where can you get 15 x geovids for 1500 bucks? iam will be buying those as soon as i know where to go......

Ive had a pair of the geovids for a while. I love the glass but there are some cons. The laser doesnt hold up as good as the LRFs or the CRFs at least from what i have seen. I havent had to send mine back yet but should have a long time ago. The laser doesnt always read back. When they were new, it always did. I even had it read 1600 yards once. It was a semi truck on the highway. The edges are not near as clear of a picture as the swaros. for tripod glassing I can really notice this. I like to use the entire FOV when glassing and it is more dificult with the geovids. Maybe my pair is just starting to loose it, because i dont remember noticing this when they were new. What do the guys think who do use em.

I still use my swarovski 15's and went with the Geovids in the 10 power instead. I keep the 10 on my chest for quick glassing and ranging while my swarovskis sit on my tripod. I love the Geovids, however I dont know if I would buy them again. they only have a 5 year warranty. I didnt do my research before I bought them, I would have just bought the 10 power swarovski and a leica crf 1200 rangefinder. Just sayin.

I still use my swarovski 15's and went with the Geovids in the 10 power instead. I keep the 10 on my chest for quick glassing and ranging while my swarovskis sit on my tripod. I love the Geovids, however I dont know if I would buy them again. they only have a 5 year warranty. I didnt do my research before I bought them, I would have just bought the 10 power swarovski and a leica crf 1200 rangefinder. Just sayin.

Since I have 10 and 15 Swaros that is exactly what I plan to do.

The thing that bothers me most with the Geovids is 2 many thing to go wrong

with one item that fills 2 very important needs on a hunt.

If My range finder stops working, CRAP.

Or if I drop my glass BIG CRAP but I'm not out them both at the same time.

My $.02

The $350 rebate on the geovids is over. You could still find the 8 powers if you wanted them, but the 10s and15s are gone with the rebate. They did this to make room for the new hd geovids.

I got the 10s as well. I love my 15s Swarovskis, and I wanted the 10s with the rangefinders around my neck. I glass with the 15s until we spot a buck we want to make a move on, and then leave the 15s and take off with the 10s. Makes sence to me. I have not noticed the difference in around the outside of the field of view, but I have only had them on one hunt. Oct 36-c. They worked good, we killed 4 out of 5 tags; all 3x3, and one 4x3.

I stand by the choice. I loved my slc, but I like the geovids better so far.

Whitey

I love my geovids had them for about 5 years, but just remember these glass are not lifetime warranty, its only for 5 years due to the electronics. I was kinda shocked with that due to the price, but leica told me that a 5 year warranty is way more than any one or two year warranty for any other electronics. However they did advise me that if anything happened to the glass, it would not be much to repair, however they could not tell me the same for the electronic portion after the 5 year warranty. Something you may want to think about

several great points thanks. i have swaro 15 and the swaro range finder just thought it would be better for them to be combined, although it doesnt seem like such a good idea simply cause of the warranty. still have to think it through. thanks for the replies.

I have had the geovid 10's for about 3 years and as far as I am concerned they are the best thing that has happened to hunting and in particular bowhunting in the past 5 years. That being said they are still not perfect. I have not had any problems with mine but swaro's warranty is a lot more comforting that leica and the only other flaw I see is that the rangefinder button is on the left side instead of the right. At the beginning it was hard to use the rangefinder using only one hand but with a little practice this does not seem to be much of an issue anymore. If I were you I would definitely drop the cash for the leica's, so good luck with whatever you decide.

I have used geovids since 2005 and there a good tool. Only issue I have had is when they fell off the tripod and it knocked them out of culmination (sp) I sent them back to Leica and it took them 3 months to send me a new pair. There customer service is not what swaro is.

Take a good look at the zeiss victorys . My dad baught a pair and I honestly think there glass is just as good if not better than leica and the range finder is alot faster as well.

Josh, send a pm to Matthew, I'm not sure but, I think he has the same binos you want, you can ask him how he likes them.

Ernesto C