Sign in to follow this  
Str8Shot

Ray's 36b Big Fork Scored

My brother and I scored our Bud's Big Fork (2x2 with eye guards) That was taken out of 36b on the early hunt this year along with a smaller frame 3x2 and a Spike.... This guy was one of the largest bodied Coues I have ever seen as well as the Guy who has been butchering these little guys up for the last 20+ years .... He easily weighed 110 lbs. dressed out and made His maker and our other friend know it as they packed him out over some fun terrain .... He gross scores at 94 6/8

post-1321-1258133284_thumb.jpg

cool buck, north end of B or south end, I saw a big 2 point last feb and I have that hunt in dec.This big 2 point I saw was south, he had at least an 18 " spread.

Congrats on a cool buck.

Bobby

Sweet buck ;) .

Before my hunting days are over, I'm going to kill a 2 point Coues deer that grosses over 100". Love big 2 points. Not to hijack, but does anyone know what the biggest 2 point Coues deer scored?

Sweet buck ;) .

Before my hunting days are over, I'm going to kill a 2 point Coues deer that grosses over 100". Love big 2 points. Not to hijack, but does anyone know what the biggest 2 point Coues deer scored?

good question and quite a goal you have there!

I don't know the answer, but I will ask Grong. He might know.

Amanda

Thats a big ol two point for sure great buck and congrats to the hunter.

Here is one I am after.

carol9-5058.jpg

carol9-5070.jpg

carol9-5075.jpg

10-20-09022.jpg

Can we see some more pix that might show 94 inches of bone?

Amanda, I recall talking to Jim, and him telling me about a two point a bud of his killed that made BOOK, something like 114 " I would think it would be hard to beat that..

Firstcoues sounds like you doubt the measurements which have been done twice .... I will see about getting you a couple more pics but feel free to come measure it if your in doubt.... realize when your looking at it that that kicker which almost would count as a point and looks in the pic like it would measure and inch is only 6/8's the mass on this guy is pretty hard to beat.... I will post up the full breakdown of the measurements with a couple other pics

Amanda, I recall talking to Jim, and him telling me about a two point a bud of his killed that made BOOK, something like 114 " I would think it would be hard to beat that..

Casey, I NEED to see that buck. PM's are fine ;)

Thanks Amanda, I'd be interested to hear what you find out. Maybe I'll start a new thread.

At Firstcoueswas80's request here is The measurements and another pic for you oh and my bad was not looking at the sheet it was 5/8's not 6/8's

Spread 13 2/8

*****Right **** Left **** deductions**** Abnormal point (net deduction only) 6/8

Main** 17 1/8** 16 2/8*** 7/8

G1**** 2 6/8*** 3 7/8*** 1 1/8

G2**** 8 2/8*** 6 2/8*** 2

C1*** 4 ****** 4 ***** 0

C2*** 3 3/8****3 2/8**** 1/8

C3*** 3 1/8****3 ****** 1/8

C4*** 3 1/8****3 ****** 1/8

gross score******* 94 5/8

Total deductions**** 5 1/8 (includes abnormal)

Net score******* 89 4/8

Now if you can show me a different way than I was shown (using a metal leader then measuring to the 8th) I would be interested in learning you can never learn too much ;)

post-1321-1258157051_thumb.jpg

Still one heck of a nice first kill for my buddy and bigger than my spike (though not as tasty)

Chris

Okay I just want to ask a question......How is there a 4th circumference? I am confused?

It is a great 2 point no matter what. ;)

Okay I just want to ask a question......How is there a 4th circumference? I am confused?

It is a great 2 point no matter what. ;)

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

Look under measuring circumference

On Coues as all whitetail deer you allways have 4 circumference measurments regardless the # of points if there is not a third point then the measurement is taken half way between the second point and the tip of the main beam and C3 and C4 are given the same value .....

Willhunt, you get 4 mass measurements per side no matter what. In the case of a 2 point you take the last measurement at 1/2 the distance between the end of the beam and the G2 and use that for both the C3 and C4 measurement. If you look at the figures he posted the C3 and C4 on both sides are the same, which of course makes sense.