mr.smith

36B ??? Not E-scouting

Thanks all. I am never in the field without my sidearm and I know enough spanish to get by (should be fluent but I'm a slacker). I don't really expect a problem but if you are ready then if/when the situation arises it more than likely won't get out of control. I'm looking forward to the hunt. Good luck to all who are hunting this weekend.

Sounds like your ready . Go have a good time .

Man what a shame. We have to be afraid or at least concerned about hunting in our own country. Me personally, I would not hunt any of the units that have a problem with UDA's. There is not a deer in the country worth dying over. I hate to say it, but it is just a matter of time before a hunter or someone trying to enjoy the outdoors gets killed by some of these guys. Its just rediculous that we cant put a stop to it. You all have more balls than me! Good luck, and be safe!

So we didn't end up seeing a single immigrant. The area we hunted was very close to the border and had a heavy border patrol presence. We came home early for a variety of reasons none of which was a dead buck. Thanks for all of your input and advice. -Josh

So we didn't end up seeing a single immigrant. The area we hunted was very close to the border and had a heavy border patrol presence. We came home early for a variety of reasons none of which was a dead buck. Thanks for all of your input and advice. -Josh

Congratulations on a successful hunt. No pics?

Amanda

Amanda, I only broke out the camera once and it was to take a pic of my nephew lying flat on his back with binos sitting on his chest pretending to glass form that position. We saw a couple bucks on Friday but missed our chances. The weather turned Friday night and Saturday was spent in sustained winds over 20mph with gusts pushing 60mph. I only saw 6 deer all day. My hunt was pretty much over Saturday morning at forst light as I took a fall and landed on my rifle. Damaged my scope and hurt my back. Still glassed all day for my dad. Yesterday evening the sky was threatening rain and it was getting cold so my dad decided to call it a hunt. I'm resting up today and headed out to help on a sheep hunt tomorrow. Guess I will just have to try and fill my archery tag before the end of the year.

I came out from San Diego and only hunted Friday...so depressing. Saw 2 flathead coues, 1 mulie and 5 java's. Saw waayyy more BP then years past. They were on the hill off Ruby Rd that I needed to get to my 1st spot. Had to go plan B Need opinions on another unit to hunt. This place was soo good before...always seeing between 20-25 head and a couple herds of javis. It was always exciting, always something going on...now, not so much. I can get that kinda action over here :( Good luck to the rest of you, hope you find a big 1. I'd be nervous if I held a Dec tag...not alot moving around...hopefully a month from now a different story.