PSEps

Little brothers muley

So heres the buck my brother put the smack down on this past saturday. This was his first hunt and he scored big!!!! Second to last day of the hunt we hiked about 2 miles into some big canyons we knew had deer in them. The third canyon we dropped into we busted out 5 does. I had a feeling there was going to be a buck around with them. After the does jumped up we sat down and glassed this buck at 250 yards. I told Tyler he's a big buck, get your gun ready. He pulled the bipod down on his gun and got ready to shoot. I told him shoot when your ready and right before he pulled the trigger the buck spun around. I thought he missed it, but the buck then came out of a little draw and I saw he was hit hard. I told him shoot again and he hit him at about 260 on the run. He took 2 more shots at the running buck and hit him one more time. As the buck ran out of site we took off running to cut him off. As we topped the ridge we couldn't see him. Then I saw movement in the draw, and told my brother to take another shot. The last shot put him down for good. As we walked up to the buck all of us were jumping up and down screaming and hugging each other. I was so happy for him, and I know we will remember this hunt FOREVER

post-3756-1260841120.jpg

post-3756-1260841300.jpg

post-3756-1260842294.jpg

Great hunt and great buck... Congratulations!

Holly Wowzer what a first buck!! I'm sure at his age and size it's GARGANTUAN and allmost unreal, a king sized buck to grown ups as well!! a big congrats!!

What a memory for a couple brothers, Awesome. Sounds like you guys are some good hikers too, a change up from traditional desert floor hunting of s. az.. Both allways a challenge and hardly ever easy, as the success rates show. But hunting muleys in the hills/mountains is better views and nicer country as you know, less walking around in the sand flats playing peek a boo, but heck thas fun too. You guys are Hooked, as we all are. It's PERFECT.

But get him on them Coues next, a hunters quest to be well rounded can never end. He will be amazed how both different and alike different deer species are.

Memories for sure right there. A big congratulations to Tyler on a dandy buck. :)

TJ

Congratulations on a great first buck. Heck is is bigger than anything I have ever killed.

Aaron