Sign in to follow this  
4Falls

sticker benefits

On the way home from the inlaws in New Mexico yesterday, I was pulled over for speeding. The officer noticed my CWT.COM sticker and we struck up a conversation. I'm not sure how that encounter would have gone had I not had a sticker. But since I did have one know I wont be going to traffic school or court in NM any time soon.

Merry Christmas to all.

That's too cool!

I have noticed that some drivers like to get on the gas and get right behind me, I guess to read the sticker? I even had a sheriff do that to me. He was a ways behind me then, got up real close for a minute, and I was like "oh crap" what did I do??? :lol: But after a bit he backed off.

Every once in awhile when I stop at the convenience store, hunter type guys will ask what it is. I just tell them to "check it out"

I had the same thing happen to me. Got pulled over for speeding (twice in the last several years) and both times we ended up talking about the website and I got off with a warning. It's nice to have a way to connect with an officer, seems to make a difference. Seems like most DPS officers are hunters.

Amanda

Hey Amanda...

Being our fearless leader, I held you to higher stature than to BREAK THE LAW!! how disappointed I am in you!

I had an officer tell me I looked familiar while passanger in a truck that got pulled over. I told him that didnt sound so good, then he asked if I post on CW.com. Turns out he posts here too, it worked out. My buddy had a cracked windshield that looked worse from his point of view with the sun. I also had a cop pull me over and see the trophy pics of my coues from last year on the passanger seat. He said "Wow did you kill that elk?"I was polite and played dumb and said yep i sure did. It didnt work. Still got the ticket

Guest 300ultramag.

I got pulled over and the cop asked me to get in the back of my pick up until he was out of sight after letting me go for not turning to the closest lane... very strange he asked me a bunch of questions about hunting!! :blink: still dont know what that was about..

I got pulled over and the cop asked me to get in the back of my pick up until he was out of sight after letting me go for not turning to the closest lane... very strange he asked me a bunch of questions about hunting!! :blink: still dont know what that was about..

Where was this? Macon County Georgia?

I was pulled over by a dps officer on the freeway coming back from my successful elk hunt last year. He asked if he could take some pictures of my bull. He started taking pictures and I asked if he wanted me to pull him out so he can get some better shots. So I did and he took some more pictures with me and the bull on the side of the highway.

I got pulled over Christmas Eve. The DPS officer wasn't a member of CWT.com, but follows the posts. He was very nice, asked me to step out of my truck and we chatted about hunting for a while. Let me off with a warning. Too cool. Gotta love the hunting connection. ;)

The sticker benefit is no lie!!! put a operation game thief stick on the truck and conversation has turned from speeding to hunting ever since. The real benifit though i think is displaying that stick. I like to think when other hunters see that sticker it will keep them true to their ethics.