Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Exciting Javelina hunt

I have tried calling 3 times on pigs I busted out of a wash and have not had anything turn around yet. I bought a primos call. Maybe I am not using it correctly.

Keep calling!!! This one was called in Sunday morning for my buddies 17 year old son.

post-940-1263341478_thumb.jpg

I have tried calling 3 times on pigs I busted out of a wash and have not had anything turn around yet. I bought a primos call. Maybe I am not using it correctly.

On Wednesday I shot mine and the heard took off, but after a bunch of woofing a couple came back in and the whale shot his right in the ear and it dropped right there. Got it on film too

Post it in a new thread with a link to the video!!!!!

Calling sounds like a great option for pigs but which call(s) deliver the best results?

These Javelina were called in with a Cass creek electronic call( you see it in the second photo on my right side). A Hunting buddy gave to me a few years back. There is a post here in the bow hunting section called "Javelina calls" with some great info.

Great pic and story! Calling pigs is a lot of fun. Also, in my experience, when you call to them, the boars are the ones that usually respond first. That's one of the best ways to ensure you kill a big hog out of the group.

Sounds like a pretty exciting hunt to say the least. Thanks for sharing. Pigs are the best thing besides grandma's apple pie. Congratulations! :)

TJ