Sign in to follow this  
Tucson John

another F350 stolen

A buddy of mine in Tucson had his 2001 F350, with a 16 foot trailer and Yamaha grizzly quad stolen from a bowling alley on Ina road Friday night, 1-8-2010 :angry: ! The truck is hard to miss because it's got a big lift and 37" tires. It's that champane color (tanish/gold). If anybody sees or hears anything please let me know so we can pass it on to TPD.

He also had all his hunting stuff in the truck including bow, binos (yes swarskis) pack, ect , ect ,ect! So needless to say he is major bummed out!

TJ

Sorry to hear this. I hope he gets his stuff back. Can't stress enough if you have valuables in your truck, make sure the truck is in your sight at all times. Hope someone catches these thieves as we all know thieves suck!

Sorry about the loss!

I had a dream last night that my truck was broken into and all my optics and hunting gear stolen. Only, I don't own a truck, but still I woke up in a desparate state and worried my gear was gone. Lucky for me my stuff was safe at home. Years ago I had my jeep broken into and all my gear stolen in Tucson. It was painful. I feel for your friend.

Amanda

hello - i don't know why people don't use THE CLUB . It probably isnt the super best protection out there but it works great for me! not that big an inconvience to use. heres some ideas-

Anti-theft devices are not foolproof, but they can stop the amateur and slow down the professional.

Thieves will select vehicles without anti-theft devices over vehicles with them, as it takes longer to steal a car with an anti-theft device and may attract more attention. Anti-theft devices include those listed below.

Tracking Systems: Using Global Positioning Technology police can track your vehicle when instructed. Low tech, low cost tracking programs such as the IDsticker can also be effective and an important additional layer should the more high tech systems not function.

Alarm Systems: While somewhat controversial in urban areas due to so many false alarms, in vigilant communities these devices can be very effective. These systems contain a device that will activate a siren, lights, or horn if the car is tampered with. Consider a backup power source for the alarm, as professionals could deactivate the alarm if they get to the power source. Keys or code numbers to the alarm should never be given to parking lot attendants or valets.

Fuel Switch: This device stops the fuel supply.

Kill Switch: The car will not start unless a hidden switch is activated. The switch prevents electrical current from reaching the coil or carburetor. You should check your warranty before installing one of these switches. Some warranties prohibit installation of these devices, and doing so will nullify the warranty. Recommended product in this class is Starter Sentry by Master Lock.

The club-: steering wheel locking bar

Crook Lock: This lock is a long metal bar that has a hook on each end to lock the steering wheel to the brake pedal.

Armored Collar: This equipment consists of a metal shield that locks around the steering column and covers the ignition, the starter rods, and the steering wheel interlock rod.

Well I just got a call from my friend Steve and they found his truck. The trailer, quad and gear are still gone. His truck was only 3 miles from where they stole it and it had been stripped, by hey, at least he has most of it back. Thanks Elkoholic for the good suggestions. I will diffinately be buying one of the sentrys for my truck as well as always using the club.

TJ