Sign in to follow this  
peloncillo

Good Time in Mexico

I just got back from Mexico and had a pretty good time there. I got to spend time with Tim,Josh,Phil,and Jim and boy those guys sure know how to hunt. Thanks for helping me out.

The border crossing couldn't have been any easier and I was at the ranch before noon. I didn't see as many deer on this ranch as others I have been to but there was lots of land for them to hide in.

I watched my buck for almost an hour before I decided I would try to put a stalk on him. When I got to where I thought I would have a nice 200 to 250 yard shot I peeked up on the hill and the buck was gone. It was a pretty open hillside with only one draw in it. I started climbing the hill and before I got to the top the buck busted out of the draw. I got lucky and shot him on the run at about 70 yards.

Keven

P1010030.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010046_edited-1.jpg

Keven,

Looks like some deep canyons with nice sides to glass. Were the long main canyons running east-west and the deer coming over saddles from north-south?

Sounds like a fun time and good crew to hunt with. Congrats.

Doug~RR

Hey that's awesome Keven! It was a pleasure to spend a couple days down there with you and way to get it done buddy. Congrats on a great buck! I'm pretty sure I have some video of that buck, don't I?

I'll look for the video to post.

I thought so, I'm trying to upload the video to photobucket now so I can put a link to it in this post. Very cool buck and I'm happy that it worked out for you, congratulations again buddy.

Hey Kevin...

Way to go!! You had to have made a heck-of-a-shot on that buck, just like shooting quail!!

Enjoyed meeting you....... between Phil, Josh and Tim you and I didn't get a chance to get a word in edgewise, have to admit they were pretty entertaining however!!!!!

Jim Parker

Good looking buck Kevin! I was one of the bunch as well. Did the rut ever get going down there Phil?

Mike

Good looking buck Kevin! I was one of the bunch as well. Did the rut ever get going down there Phil?

Mike

Mike,

Very little rut activity seen while I was there and talking from Josh and Tim it didn't get any better. I did see one smaller buck breed a doe and two of the better bucks lined out cruising but that was about it. I believe the best is yet to come.

Phil

Here are a couple videos that I was able to get of Keven's buck.

Kevin it sure was a pleasure getting to hunt with you and I'm glad you got to kill that buck. Here is one of the pictures of him when I had him bedded at 257 yards. Congratulations again on a nice buck!

post-25-1264386470_thumb.jpg