Sign in to follow this  
TEAM JESUS

HUNTER'S FIRST JAVI HUNT

Let me first start out by saying "Thank You" to all who offered area assistance for this hunt. Opening Day Friday, I had to work and was not going to allow Hunter to miss school for a Javi hunt. Elk or deer, different story. By Friday night, we were up at Bloody Basin Rd. Only having been there once before, and now going off what other CWT members have said, we found ourselves at a raging river just past the ranch house. Having to back up a trailer in the dark a 1/2 mile is not fun. After turning back around, we found a good place to camp. Rain, rain and more rain all night long.

We still woke early with high expectations. Still rain and bitter cold. We finally got a break around 8am and decided to just head up the closest hill thinking that in the event of more rain, we could make it back quickly. Sitting down to glass every new view, we found not one animal of any species. Around 12pm we decided to head back to the trailer, taking a longer route back than we did when we left that morning. Up another hill and it started to rain, again. Heavy rain. I told Hunter that we needed to find somewhere to get out of the rain. I spotted a huge boulder that would provide us some refuge from the rain and told him to run towards it. We stood on top of the boulder and Hunter pointed down to the bottom where he saw a huge hole. Two feet from the hole, I noticed two bedded Javelinas. They spotted Hunter and took off. The smallest one took off like Forrest Gump, all the way up the hill. The big boar took his time and with hair sticking up, made the mistake of trying to figure out what startled them out of their warm, dry bed. By this time, I was carrying Hunter's rifle and immediately gave it to him and pulled down the legs of his bipod. The boar was moving around us quickly, still not sure of what was around him. He made his last mistake and stopped 30 yards from Hunter. Hunter hesitated none as he dropped this pig. One shot from his 22-250 right on the collar. He has been practicing out to 300 yards and when he gets a shot, it's within archers range. For a pig, it is actually one of the prettiest Javis I have ever seen. Smelled the same though.

Congrats, glad to hear that your boy got his pig. You know we saw you, I had know idea you were a C.W member, you had the trailer by the gate on the Bloody Basin Road . We were driving a white four door lifted Dodge. Congrats on the pig.

Hey Travis and Hunter I will get your photo for you as soon as I get the chance right now I am on the itouch and do not have your photo off my phone yet. I will not post the poto I sent back to you. Hahaha

Here you go Boys.

Looks like Amanda helped you out too.

post-171-1264565668_thumb.jpg

We drove by you guys on Saturday, parked to the right of a cattleguard if I remember right, my friend said something about the coueswhitetail sticker. We hunted on the other side of the freeway for the most part. I could actually glass your trailer from where we were. Congrats to you and your son, JLG.