Sign in to follow this  
DUG

Mountain lion from Washington

Just got an E-mail showing what they say is a 317 lb. mountain lion. I think it might be photoshopped. My son thinks it isn't. Anybody seen this? What do you think?

Cougar2.jpg

nice big lion, but it weighs about half what they say it does. i'd say it was 150 or so. maybe a little bigger. the guy is sitting back as far as he could. there ain't never been a 300 lb lion. Lark.

nice big lion, but it weighs about half what they say it does. i'd say it was 150 or so. maybe a little bigger. the guy is sitting back as far as he could. there ain't never been a 300 lb lion. Lark.

I remember the talk here about a really really big lion might push 200lbs. I was thinking the guy in the picture looks like the guy with the small hands on the Burger King commercial. :lol:

There was a huge lion killed up in White Mountains last week that should have a record book skull that was estimated to be close to 200 lbs, everyone was surprised a bit when it only weighed 150lbs. My point being like Lark said, most lions are about half of what you think, even those that know lions usually guess a weight and subtract 50 lbs to be close. IMO

No matter how big it is it looks like it is eating well. The story said the lion was feeding on a kill with 2 other lions. That right there sounds unlike a typical lion. I thought they don't like to share their kills.

No matter how big it is it looks like it is eating well. The story said the lion was feeding on a kill with 2 other lions. That right there sounds unlike a typical lion. I thought they don't like to share their kills.

A couple years ago while in Mexico a group of 4 lions walked right up behind us less than 40yds before we noticed them, they didnt seem to mind being grouped up at all

Nice cat. No photo shop, just some serious Chuck Adams style picture taking.

I don't know but something about the gun bothers me.

In what that country looks like a Carbine yes

but a bull barrel ?????????? why?

maybe it's a michael jackson gun that he shoots because he can't recoil and he has a fat barrel to make it even less of a kicker? hoo hoooo.

i don't even believe the 276 pound story. don't care if it is documented. lions don't get that big. that is a big tom in the photo. real good one. folks are bad about adding weight to unweighed lions. same with bears. a monster lion is 200 lbs. i mean like once in a blue moon. Lark.

I don't know but something about the gun bothers me.

In what that country looks like a Carbine yes

but a bull barrel ?????????? why?

Is the gun a contender, maybe?

Just did some searching and found the World Record Cat was shot in Az. It weighed in at 276 lbs field dressed. Scientists say the walking weight of that cat would be over 300 lbs. Who is to say this one is not bigger. I am a skeptic as well but you never know!!

I'm no photoshop expert but that looks a lot like Obama's birth certificate. Just sayin' B) ;)

Actually, I do spend a lot of time in photoshop, and it doesn't take much to see how unnatural the lines are around the cat. It reminds me a lot of the picture of the lion sneaking up on a guy posing with his elk kill.

post-478-0-98094800-1331093996_thumb.jpg

I've seen variations of this where there are several lions behind him, and a chupacabra. B) :P

• Like 1