Sign in to follow this  
D-BOMB

new fish and game Gods

got to love when you its the perfect morning, nice and brisk out with a light sprinkle in the middle of november heading to your favorite spot only to get stopped by fish and game taking there sweet time to check your game tag, hunting lisence, title registration and plate all of which were shown. then to find out you need a ohv sticker. its a new law started last january 1 2009, ok, $25 not a problem, get one as soon as i get home. no not so fast, "turn it around and load it up, i could give you $300 ticket or even take you to jail if you proceed". now an old timer would say "finish your hunt if i see you back up here without that sticker i will sight you" but unfortunately we have some of these new younger game and fish officers with power trips popping off with there infinite knowledge off laws loving the fact that they just screwed you out of your hunt, wow. thanks God for letting me go with a warning and informing me of the new ways you can take my hard earned money. i used to love redington pass befor a few messed it up for alot. now its just a money maker for the state, so @!&% redington and the officers who patrol it!

Sorry to hear what happened, I read an article somewhere that a lot of people aren't buying the sticker for ohv's so they are going to start aggressively enforcing the new law thats been in effect for a year now. I think the sticker program is a bunch of nonsense. The proceeds are supposed to provide facilities to well known riding areas and provide law Enf. for the idiots that are out there, but I haven't seen anything anywhere that I used to go ride at. If anything I see them closing down places where you can ride an ohv.

So was your quad on a trailer or in the back of your truck? Or were you already on it? If it was on a trailer I don't see how they can tell you to leave. You could just park and walk in and hunt. I would think they have to catch you riding without a sticker. Maybe I'm missing something? Unfortunately a lot of the young G&F feel they have something to prove. I've heard the same thing Bonecollector did about aggressively ticketing non compliance. I think I heard there was only about 25% of the people getting the stickers.

Yeah, them evil GWs enforcing laws that everyone knows about and getting super rich doing it with their super high pay scale. And a bunch of wussies at that, having to take care of business in the wilderness far from any other assistance, against defenseless guys that only have high powered rifles on them.

I'm sorry, but I agree with AC Guy. This has been heavily promoted for over a year and people still weren't complying. In November/December they started promoting the fact that no one was complying and they were going to start "aggressive enforcement".

You're probably an honest guy but there are a lot of weekend warriors who would have said "Yeah, thanks - I'll get it when I get back" and then laughed about putting one over on the fish cop until next time they get stopped.

I can see how it screwed up your day, but I don't think he was out of line, based on your portrayal.

You need to thank him--really! Another member on this site was handed down about $1500.00 worth of fines by a Sheriff. These WM's have to do their jobs no matter if they agree with the law or not--it is their job and they do a damned good job at that.

Don't be pissed at the WM he did you a favor--really he did.

I am not from AZ so I don't know exactly what law or place the gentleman is refering to, however I have to agree with the last few posts. There is no excuse to not be compliant with a law, no matter your opinion of it, one full year since it was enacted. Sounds to me like you have only yourself to blame for ruining your hunt.

I also think that this web-site is a great information sharing tool and a great way to get to know people. Sure we all have complaints/concerns/questions every now and then but I think it is crazy that this post was only your first or second one. Did you really register an account here to only complain and bash the G&F?? I would recomend coming back when you have something positive to share with the rest of us.

Jeff

You need to thank him--really! Another member on this site was handed down about $1500.00 worth of fines by a Sheriff. These WM's have to do their jobs no matter if they agree with the law or not--it is their job and they do a damned good job at that.

Don't be pissed at the WM he did you a favor--really he did

+ 1

-Ryan

Yeah, them evil GWs enforcing laws that everyone knows about and getting super rich doing it with their super high pay scale. And a bunch of wussies at that, having to take care of business in the wilderness far from any other assistance, against defenseless guys that only have high powered rifles on them.

you must be one of the few that like the photo radar too, but your right, i did'nt consider the large amount of game wardens dieing on the job.

Don't be pissed at the WM he did you a favor--really he did.

true

i read in the paper the other day that they had to wait a year to make enough money off the tags so they could hire some guys to enforce it. just another tax. tax this tax that. it's a typical gov't program that's main objective is to make new laws and hire new folks to enforce em. a lot like all the different "inspectors" that cities and counties hire. i hate new taxes. tax, tax, tax. gotta end somewhere. i think there needs to be more enforcement to stop folks from tearing up the country on atv's. get sick and tired of seeing where some dumbass tore up a meadow or a road with a quad. but like most laws, the guys that ain't tearin' everthing up get hassled the most. one good thing about this law tho, when i got my ranger i made it street legal and insured and registered it and all that. cost $170 a year to register it. with this new law, it costs the $25 for the off road sticker but the registration went down to like $12 a year. but mark my words, next thing they'll do is they're gonna hassle folks, even us legal folks, for not having highway rated tires. they all say not highway rated on em and they're make a guy park em because of that next. you read it here first. Lark.

I am not from AZ so I don't know exactly what law or place the gentleman is refering to, however I have to agree with the last few posts. There is no excuse to not be compliant with a law, no matter your opinion of it, one full year since it was enacted. Sounds to me like you have only yourself to blame for ruining your hunt.

I also think that this web-site is a great information sharing tool and a great way to get to know people. Sure we all have complaints/concerns/questions every now and then but I think it is crazy that this post was only your first or second one. Did you really register an account here to only complain and bash the G&F?? I would recomend coming back when you have something positive to share with the rest of us.

Jeff

are you the system administrator?

I'll bet $100 that all of the money from these stickers gets swept into the general fund and no trail improvements will be seen.

Jeff

are you the system administrator?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you must be one of the few that like the photo radar too, but your right, i did'nt consider the large amount of game wardens dieing on the job.

No, I don't like them, but I don't blame the guy that puts the paperwork in the envelope and mails the citation. Blame the people who make the laws, do something to change them. I don't agree with OHV fees, but to whine about the WM who is employed to uphold the laws is childish. Maybe we should fire all WMs, It sure would be great hunting for 2 years.