elkhutnaz

crossbred buck

here it is guys sorry but will have game and fish check out but I think it is, he was killed yesterday and will post a few pics from my phone and have more to come

post-1940-1264938591_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1264938602_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1264938613_thumb.jpg

I'd say your right to have it checked out.

Looks like a hybrid to me too, but whada I know.

Cool buck, congrats!

That's pretty cool.

I found a thesis the other day that discusses the genetic structuring of Coues deer in AZ and NM. It also touches a bit on the frequency of hybrids.

I'll attach it. May be of interest to some of you. I didn't look to see if Amanda already has it posted, so I apologize if I'm duplicating.

LopezThesisPDF.pdf

Cool buck. I have one that had a muley tail and body, but what many have said a coues looking rack. Warden that was at our camp said was a muley but because of antlers thought it possibly could be a hybrid. Was in an area that had both. Anyways intersting buck you got. Congrats!

That's pretty cool.

I found a thesis the other day that discusses the genetic structuring of Coues deer in AZ and NM. It also touches a bit on the frequency of hybrids.

I'll attach it. May be of interest to some of you. I didn't look to see if Amanda already has it posted, so I apologize if I'm duplicating.

Thanks Oak. I actually don't have it up anywhere, so thank you.

Amanda

I think that buck is a hybrid but what do i know!! Ok so say there is a hybrid whitetail that has freakishly huge antlers like 140+. And ofcourse it is a whitetail but it has muledeer antlers would it still go into the record books.

I spoke with a game and fish officer and measured the gland he will be a whitetail, congrats to Shaun you hunted this buck hard and it paid off

post-1940-1264995454_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a fantasic buck. We talk about a buck being unique every once in a while, but wow, I think you just took the cake with that one.

I have actually seen a nice Mule deer buck rutting with a Coues deer. Now I guess I have seen the aftermath. :lol:

Here you go, just got off the phone and was told by another officer that "He would have taken that deer from us if we were on a whitetail hunt, It's a mule deer" I just asked how with this deer, who cares what the horns look like. I just wish someone with AZGFD could give us a answer!!!!!!!!!

post-1940-1265047185_thumb.jpg