Sign in to follow this  
rabidApache

Selfbow huntN (anyone on here).

I just completed my first ever Selfbow outta Hickory. To be honest it Kicks Azz. The specs go 66" and @27" draw it pulls 58#. Shoots arrows like a dream, amazing to just watch an arrow hit where your looking. So far I managed to kill two cottontails, never could catch up to a nice Mtn. Tigger on Mt.Turnbull during the heavy winter storm but were still tryN.

Planned to hunt Javies this weekend with it.

I was just curious to see if anyone on CWT hunts with a "real" stik and string?

During the chase...I'll try and get closer pics of bow/arrow later. Even in action.

longbowdew.jpg

I would love to see what it looks like. THAT WOULD BE COOL to have one. ;) HINT HINT

Man, I love the picture!!! Best of luck with your bow. I can only imagine the satisfaction you get after making your own bow and using it to harvest an animal. Great job!!

....SWEET BOW...How long did it take to complete? I am sure cottontail never tasted so good, keep us posted on your javy hunt next week...If you decide to upgrade your stickbow at anytime...let us bid on it, I bet you woudn't be dissapointed..."Bad Azz" is a great name for your bow...... thank's for sharing! B) B)

Not yet unfortunately... but hopefully soon. I bought an Osage stave about 2 years ago with the intention of making one by now but haven't yet. I have been saving Turkey wing feathers to use for the feathers on the Cedars and will tie them on with sinew. Also wanted to make my own broadheads, grind them, temper em, and tie them on with sinew as well. My plan was to have it done for last Javi season but didn't make it, then this year didn't happen either. Had to hunt them last year with a backed longbow :(

Great job on the Selfbow, gives me motivation. Good luck on the Javi's, I'll be after them this weekend with my flinter.

I love to hunt with my stick bow. I made one years back and have taken alot of game with it. I ran it over and my wife bought me one of these new bows with the works, I had more issues with that bow. I bought a new X force last year and went to a bow shoot with it and seen someone shooting a stick bow at that time I knew I had made a mistake. Dont get wrong the X force is awsome but it is still not a part of me. I bought me new stick bow and the next day went javelina hunting with friends. I missed a coyote do to hitting a branch and got two jacks with only three shots the frist day. I have now taken five jacks, one coyote, and Javelina with that bow and have had it for 33 days. I wished I had the time to build a bow but this one works good for now. Your bow looks real nice. You should be very proud of it and never lean it up aginst you pickup.

Good luck and God Bless