Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

MY 09 Nov Buck

Nice way to hang trophy without speniding 600 bucks we cut the state out paid for picture engraving prehunt total expenses well into the thousands of dollars post hunt got 45 bucks into the mount. You guys have good week.post-1257-1265566803_thumb.jpgpost-1257-1265566865_thumb.jpg

That is a unique way of doing it. Congrats.

I am a Euro fan... so we have lots of skulls in our house. I was bored last February and posted a thread about them...

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=12631&hl=

It looks nice, I really like the picture engraving, but it does not compare to a Scottyboy shoulder mount! I have three of them:

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

08buckmount002.jpg

Its not always about the size... The second buck is my 3rd smallest, yet one of my most memorable... Mexico buck, at something like 235 feet above sea level.

I spent $45 on the manzanita burl from ebay too. Must be the magic number for DIY taxidermy work! Euro mounts are my favorite regardless of how many times I'm told shoulder mounts are the way to go. Maybe someday I'll come around but for now this is how I hang em. I left the tag on when i boiled it out, I've tried a tea stain but it didn't take. Any suggestions?

post-4108-1265645625_thumb.jpg

post-4108-1265645654_thumb.jpg

I like skull mounts as well, they do look good, especially when they are done right... BUT....

Everytime I clean my rifles, I have to double check that my bucks on the wall are dead because they look alive in my scope!

Those are nice! I found this kit at the Shot Show this year. I killed this deer back in January and I didn't want to fork over $600 for a shoulder mount. The rack was too awkward for the regular wall plaques.

post-2080-1265656299_thumb.jpg

I spent $45 on the manzanita burl from ebay too. Must be the magic number for DIY taxidermy work! Euro mounts are my favorite regardless of how many times I'm told shoulder mounts are the way to go. Maybe someday I'll come around but for now this is how I hang em. I left the tag on when i boiled it out, I've tried a tea stain but it didn't take. Any suggestions?

post-4108-1265645625_thumb.jpg

post-4108-1265645654_thumb.jpg

I had the same thing on an earlier euro mount...match the natural color of the antler with a wood stain, it worked great!