Sign in to follow this  
game hntr

Thank you for praying for me

I went Saturday to do a little hunting in the morning. I went with 2 other guys. we were in line. Before to start i told them. We must stay around 40 yards from each other. I stay on the right.. one stays in the middle and the other one stays on the left. After 1 hour of walking they came close to each other and start talking then they come close to me and they were around 20 yards from me. A rabbit jumps in front of them and start running and then he turn around and came between ME and the guy in the middle. I just see the guy in the middle getting ready to shot towards me (but there was the rabbit to....As he shot. I just felt something hit me in my vest, boots and then my left eye. I got lucky it stop 1/8" before to go inside my eye... here are few pictures. I just want to say that GOD save me one more time. They did a surgery on Saturday but they couldn't get it out. I'm going again on Thursday and hopefully they will take it out. I need you guys to pray for me so they don't touch any nerves or any muscles. The led went through all 3 eye muscles... and the doctor when he saw he couldn't take it out. he was kind of scared to don't touch any nerves. I hope i didn't bother with my story. GBU all of u and ur families and kids. BTW everything that pissed me off it was When the 3'rd guy start it laughing aand saying that O Don't worry it's just one small piece.

IMG_3087--1.jpg

craniu3.jpg

craniu1.jpg

craniu2.jpg

FEB6Shooting2010.jpg

Man i'm really sorry to hear your story!!! My prayers are with you in your surgery and a quick recovery! Scary story!

Wow! I am so sorry that happened to you. My prayers are with you. You SHOULD file a report with the local law enforcement, and G&F. That hunter was completely negligent and should have some consequences. I'm not saying to go out and sue him, but if you cannot be made whole again due to his negligence, you will wish that the whole incident were well documented.

Please keep us posted.

Mark

I pray the good Lord gives the surgeons the ability to remove the shot without any complications. Good luck my friend and thanks for sharing your story with us. I pray a full recovery. :)

TJ

Hope everything goes well and invest in a pair of shooting/hunting glasses. And tell Dick Cheney to stay home next time......... :lol: Seriously I hope you make a full recovery.

Scary and sobering event. Did the pellet break the orbital bone that there are bone fragments to contend with also?

Were you wearing any blaze orange?

Prayers for you and your surgeon.

Hope you make a speedy recovery and have successfull surgery. I read last spring in the Payson round up paper that someone shot somebody in the face with turkey shot during a spring turkey hunt.

Thank you guys for all the prayers. Tomorrow is the big day.( the surgery). When i was out I had my Orange Vest with me. I never leave that vest home when I'm bird hunting. GLASSES I forgot them home. The pellet i think it's inside the bone. Today I tried to touch it and see if it moves. I thought somebody hit me in the head with a hammer for like 5 min. I forgot to say ....God loves me :)) and I'm happy i didn't lose an eye and I'm glad I'm alive.

btw. Yesterday i called the guy who shot me and asked him if he wants to pay the medical bills in case my insurance doesn't wanna cover them.. he was like.. ummmmmm.. I don't have money (which i know he has because he has a pool business, and now he wanna it to put like $40k down payment for another business) and he said that he has to pay too much. If he doesn't pay the medical bills, do you guys think that if i take him to court is it a good idea?

Again Thank You For all your prayers. God Bless You.

Prayers sent for your surgery tomorrow.

Like I said in an earlier post, document everything with the local LEO and G&F. His negligence should not cost you and $$. You are paying enough with pain and surgery. If it was all his fault, it would seem right that he be financially responsible. If you were both at fault, then you both should be be financially responsible. Don't worry about fault right now, just get the incident documented for now, and get well. Plenty of time for finger pointing later, as long as it is DOCUMENTED.

Mark

Hope your surgey went well... what a sad story.... people just don't take shotguns serious enough. I know of a gentelman who lost his lower leg this year because of a novice who did not treat every gun as if it were loaded. We will Pray for a speedy recovery for you. As for your "hunting buddy" I am sure they did a police report at the Hospital because of the nature of the wound...but I am not sure that other than a civil suit you'd get much for your med costs... and that will likely cost you more than it is worth.... maybe a letter from an attorney would work, if you know one. On another angle.... I hope that you have learned that choosing who you go to the woods with can be a life altering decision... best of wishes. ;)

Parents: Please let your kids read this story and see the pics.... so this kind of thing can be avoided by our up and coming hunters.

Hunters and Gun Enthusiasts: Forward this link to your friends and hunting buddies.... so that they to can see what moment of carelessness can produce.

The doctor saw me today.. he looked at the Cat Scans.. and guess what. He said is not that simple because the pellet is very close to the Orbit and for that i got to go to sleep so he can work, at first he thought that he can do a surgery today but when he saw the pellet and the location of it... he rescheduled me for Tuesday. He said that

Ok... so the doctor reschedule me for tuesday because when he saw the pellet where is located (close to the orbit) he said that he has to put me to sleep for 1-2 hours so he can work on it. I'm sure everything it will be ok.. I have a GOD and this God loves his children and that's not it... he created the world and i'm sure everything will be ok. Guys thank you again for keeping me in your prayers and may God Bless You all of you and your families.