standman

San Carlos & Apache Report

Went to San Carlos Lake on 2/18. Launched at Mohave Point. Water depth out from Mohave was 31ft. Fished for crappie out off of San Carlos Point. Water depth there was 23-25ft. Caught 1 crappie and had 2 others on that came off. Water is still pretty dingy but not chocolate milk. A lot of trash on the water so be careful when on the water. Marked a lot of fish so they are still there. Water temps were 51 early to 56 when we left.

Went to Apache Lake today bass fishing. Launched at Burnt Corral. Ended up catching six nice largemouths. Boy are they fat. Look like little footballs. Also caught one channel cat that went about 8lbs. Water temps there were around 53. Water is pretty dirty from Burnt Corral up to the Roosevelt Dam. It cleans up heading the other way.

All in all it was good to back on the water.

Brian

Thanks for the report Brian. I am so excited about the outlook for fishing this year. And stoked that San Carlos may not be as bad as we all thought back in December.

Did you catch the bass fishing deep or were they in the shallows, if you dont mind my asking?

Thanks for the report Brian. I am so excited about the outlook for fishing this year. And stoked that San Carlos may not be as bad as we all thought back in December.

Did you catch the bass fishing deep or were they in the shallows, if you dont mind my asking?

Bass were in 15-20' of water on main lake points.

San Carlos is looking pretty good water wise. It has a ways to go to be up with last year. The foundations of the old town of San Carlos are still out of the water about 8'. Not many people out there fishing. Only 4 other boats.

One other thing the road into Mohave Point is pretty rough with one wash that is rough to cross with a washout. I just like to launch there so when the wind comes up it is a short ride instead of fighting it all the way to Soda Canyon.

Brian

Brian, thanks for the update. This time last year I was fishing SanCarlos and catching crappie. What did you catch the bass on at Apache? The ones I saw caught at Apache in Jan. were like you said, "footballs". Can't wait to hit the water! :)

TJ

Brian, thanks for the update. This time last year I was fishing SanCarlos and catching crappie. What did you catch the bass on at Apache? The ones I saw caught at Apache in Jan. were like you said, "footballs". Can't wait to hit the water! :)

TJ

Caught the bass on dropshot with Morning Dawn Roboworms.

Brian

TJ

Caught the bass on dropshot with Morning Dawn Roboworms.

Brian

Thanks Brian, glad you had a good time. :)

TJ

Went to San Carlos Lake on 2/18. Launched at Mohave Point. Water depth out from Mohave was 31ft. Fished for crappie out off of San Carlos Point. Water depth there was 23-25ft. Caught 1 crappie and had 2 others on that came off. Water is still pretty dingy but not chocolate milk. A lot of trash on the water so be careful when on the water. Marked a lot of fish so they are still there. Water temps were 51 early to 56 when we left.

Went to Apache Lake today bass fishing. Launched at Burnt Corral. Ended up catching six nice largemouths. Boy are they fat. Look like little footballs. Also caught one channel cat that went about 8lbs. Water temps there were around 53. Water is pretty dirty from Burnt Corral up to the Roosevelt Dam. It cleans up heading the other way.

All in all it was good to back on the water.

Brian

Thanks for the fishing reports Brian, especially the Carlos one. Been wanting to get up there. It looks like the level needs to come up about 11ft to make it to the highest it got to last year.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/dv?cb_00...erred_module=sw

Who would of thought we would be at this level after seeing the lake in early Dec at 2 %. The lake has come up 40ft since Jan 1st! Pretty exciting as I thought we were going to lose the lake!

John