We went out a couple days ago with a buddy and our dogs before it got too unbearably hot and put a few birds out for the dogs and my new pup, Virgil. It was his very first intro to live birds. He performed beyond all of my expectations. He is almost 12 weeks old.

I thought I would share a few pics with y'all. Hope ya'll enjoy...

1.jpg

9.jpg

Here is one of my favorites.. He sure was surprised when I flushed the quail out of the grass in front of him. Look at those ears!! If you look carefully, you can see the quail in mid air in the middle of the pic.

3.jpg

14.jpg

And here is a pic of of my pride and joy, Penny, with a nice point...

16.jpg

Can't wait till bird season opens!!!! :lol:

Thanks for lookin...

Looks like you have a couple of winners!

Wow he don't look only 12 weeks old, he looks more like a old pro! Great form!

:lol:

That picture of the quail in the air is classic. I also like the "discovery" pic with the pup walking up behind the bird, great camera work!

Thanks for the positive responses on Virgil. He sure is a hand full still. My Brit, Penny, had finally gotten to the age where she is calm and fully trained. And what do I do, I go out and start the whole process again!! Puppies are a handful for sure, but in the end they are definately worth it.

Doug, if you want me up there for opening day, consider it done. I have been looking forward to hunting grouse all summer. But I don't think Virgil is going to be quite old enough for that one. It'll just be me and Penny. But watch out by Nov when you head down here to hunt Mearns with us!! It's gonna be the dream team in the Mearns hills... Penny, Rica, and the rookie, Virgil!! :blink: :D