Sign in to follow this  
Chef

Cookin again with Chef...

Leeks cooking in butter.

The local leek harvest has come and we always get a couple cases at work.

post-67-1269740047_thumb.jpg

They go very well with grilled rib-eye and t-bone steaks!

post-67-1269739935_thumb.jpg

...can't forget the best part...

post-67-1269740014_thumb.jpg

Hope you all are enjoying the nice weather we've been having!

and they're all foreign owned.

chef, this is new for you. last i remember you were famous for bbq'd coati mundi buttholes on a stick. now you're cookin' steaks? good lookin' steaks too. but i don't like cookin' with leaks. sounds too goofy to "take a leak" and put it on yer steak. i'll stick with onions. Lark.

Those steaks look mighty mouth watering and for those guys who want to talk about the quality of beer ... Go to Bevmo or the other big Wine store and pick some of that Chimay up ... One heck of a good Ale

Dang Hector that looks so good my friend! And I'll drink the beer with ya any day. ;)

Looks good, Thanks for the mouth watering pics...

I like taking pics of the food I cook and and eat at different places.

I get a lot of comments on them every time I see forum members in person.

I'd like to see that happen more with more members contributing their own pics too.

Thanks for the compliments!

What the heck kinda beer is that?

Amanda actually turned me on to Belgian ales several years ago.

I had about twelve different ones to try and took notes on all of them.

Flavor (hops, sweet, etc) roundness, cloudiness, lacing of the glass, finish, yup I get pretty crazy!

To answer your question, Chimay has been made by the Trappist Monks of Chimay since 1862.

I believe they also brew an ale that only THEY drink themselves. I would LOVE to taste that!

and they're all foreign owned.

chef, this is new for you. last i remember you were famous for bbq'd coati mundi buttholes on a stick. now you're cookin' steaks? good lookin' steaks too. but i don't like cookin' with leaks. sounds too goofy to "take a leak" and put it on yer steak. i'll stick with onions. Lark.

Lark, too funny, you just can't get over me cooking that bear can you! The more you chew it, the bigger the piece gets! Ha Ha!

Those steaks look mighty mouth watering and for those guys who want to talk about the quality of beer ... Go to Bevmo or the other big Wine store and pick some of that Chimay up ... One heck of a good Ale

You are right. A lot of quality drinks to be had. I actually pick up my corked bottle of Chimay at the local meat market where I buy my steaks, Von Hanson's.

Hector, you are a tease! :lol:

Looks fantastic.! But I have never had leeks. What do they taste like?

Brent, They are mild and sweet. Easy to get the flavor of a caramelized onion without the time and they don't need to cook down as much. Cooked in butter, I just absolutely love the aroma they give off. They are very dirty though, if you want to try them, cut the hard end off the stalk, cut in half lengthwise, slice, then wash in a sink full of water. (like a bath) They are as dirty as spinach when it comes to how much soil comes out of them.

Dang Hector that looks so good my friend! And I'll drink the beer with ya any day. ;)

Phil, I thought of you as I was taking the pictures! Just so everyone knows...Phil sent me photos the other day from his cell as he was grilling some juicy steaks. Was the inspiration for this thread in the first place. We'll get together soon, hopefully at the ADA banquet!

Phil, I though of you as I was taking the pictures! Just so everyone knows...Phil sent me photos the other day from his cell as he was grilling some juicy steaks. Was the inspiration for this thread in the first place. We'll get together soon, hopefully at the ADA banquet!

Phil is in jail?

:lol:

If he is, it must not be too bad if he's cookin' steaks!

You guys crack me up! And no not in jail just working.

Hector,

Tammy and I are going to try our best to make it to the banquet!