Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Arrow Rest

Well I have shot lots of different rests I find the WB to restricting in what can be shot out of them and the fletching contact bugs me. Shot a Ripcord(awesome customer service) Had problems with fraying on the cord really slowed down the fall and broken launchers. Shot a drop zone not very good containment but all around it was decent. I shot two models of QAD the low price one which couldn't drop anywhere near fast enough way to much fletching contact. The higher end was the really good no real complaints. Now shoot a smart rest by NAP and I love it if your a tinkerer then you can set one of those up to shoot like a dream.

I switched to QAD after 5 yrs of whisker biskuit. Groups instantly got tighter and no problems at all. the WB was my choice for a long time due to arrow containment. The QAD offers the same containment with no worn out whiskers to deal with. Down side- SUPER PRICEY!!! buck 50 if i remember right

After reading this post, I went to QAD site and bought the hunter rest. It was only 59.95. Seems like they have a solution for a very affordable price.............Of course they have 125.00 to 150.00 rests available................Allen..........

Allen, let us know what you think about your new rest.

I have shot whisker biscuits for years and still think that they are the best hunting rest. When I got my new Z7, I decided to try a drop away and got the Trophy Taker. It works good and has the arrow containment that I wanted with broadheads flying around my wrist. However, I am thinking of going back to the WB because I don't trust the drop away completely. The cord could come loose at the wrong time or something else. Probably won't happen, but the WB is as fool proof as anything could be and I have shot broadheads and Blazer vanes pretty consistantly at distances as far as my sights will allow. I can't tell that the TT is any more accurate than the WB.

Jim

Just got the Ripcord installed today , it feels really good but i need to shoot some more.

thanks everybody for all the input.

Kind of pricey, but this new rest from Schaffer may offer the best of both worlds... full containment combined with drop away... sort of.