Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Arrow Rest

Hi to everyone: i have a octane hostage pro arrow rest and i'm thinking to change it because those little bristles wear off and the arrow falls off and i'm tired of changing the bristles, i'm thinking of a drop away rest or the whisker biscuit sure shot pro, if you can give me your thoughts, i need a little help to decide , i don't do any 3d shoots or any competition just practice and hunt.

thank you all for your input.

I currently have the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and have had it for almost two years. I have had zero problems with it.

However one of the great things (i.e. great chance to spend money on something I don't need) with archery is the notion to change or tinker......with that being said I have been looking at the Limb Driver rest and have contemplated changing...I like how it does not use the string or cable for action (attaches to the limbs). http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp

Redman

I just switched from a whisker biscuit, which I liked, to a trophy taker drop away rest. I've noticed that my groups are a little better with the drop away. I also only shoot for practice and hunting.

I've shot wisker biscuit for a long time, but still have trouble tuning my Allegiance to group field points with fixed blades. I think I'll try a drop-away rest this year, but haven't decided between the QAD and Rip Cord. I just can't go to anything that doesn't have full containment or at least good partial containment. There's nothing like the security of a wisker biscuit when you have to move with a nocked arrow. That said, I have GOT to find a way to keep my BH's from hitting left and low at longer ranges - I've even considered using mech's - grimmace - :blink:

Good luck and let us know what you discover.

thank you for all your input. i've looking at the ripcord and qad because they have good contaiment, and that is very important when you are hunting.

I've shot wisker biscuit for a long time, but still have trouble tuning my Allegiance to group field points with fixed blades. I think I'll try a drop-away rest this year, but haven't decided between the QAD and Rip Cord. I just can't go to anything that doesn't have full containment or at least good partial containment. There's nothing like the security of a wisker biscuit when you have to move with a nocked arrow. That said, I have GOT to find a way to keep my BH's from hitting left and low at longer ranges - I've even considered using mech's - grimmace - :blink:

Good luck and let us know what you discover.

Have you tried to use "walk back" tuning? Sometimes at longer ranges this tuning can be helpful?

Redman

I just yanked my Hostage pro off tonight!

Couldn't get it to paper tune for crap on my NEW Z7!

I just ordered an NAP QuikTune Freedom... its a drop away that doesnt use any cords... uses magnets.

It holds your arrow pretty well while hunting knocked up.... Nice stuff, pretty cheap too $50