COOSEFAN

My Famous Campfire Dinner...

Alright folks, I'll let ya in on my favorite dinner around the campfire!

For those quick trips into the woods and when you are on a limited budget this is the cheapest, easiest and tastiest meal! You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter 'cause it' tastes great anytime!

Here's what ya do:

-Make sure to have some wire, sharp stick, or a fancy hot dog cooker.

-Stop by any Taco Bell and buy a bunch of bean and cheese burritos.

-Build a fire and roast em' up!

-Enjoy!

shedhunt2010034.jpg

I'm serious, fire roasted Taco Bell bean burritos are awesome! ;) :P

Hehehe, my husband LOVES those bean burritos. We pick them up on the way to camping often. But we usually don't bother reheating them. Might be worth a try!

Amanda

Oh man! I'm in trouble here! :lol:

I go out with Knifeboy hunting once in a while, and he just LOVES them bean burritos.

Eats em up room temp too. (just like Paul) I tried it once, just can't do it again. lol

Now get them fire roasted like Jim, now that's using your noggin!

If it were a bean and cheese burrito from Chile Pepper/Mr. G's down in Yuma I might be inclined to believe you. The Yuma guys know what I'm talking about!

But from Taco Bell??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Might be good on day 5 of a backpack trip!!!

Can't deny the quick, cheap and easy though!

A few years ago I got some taco bell bean burritos on my way down to do some scouting in southern az. Upon returning to my truck 2 days later I discovered an uneaten burrito that had been sitting on the passanger seat inside the truck with the windows up the whole time. It was July so it was about 180 degrees in there. Of course I picked it up and ate it right off the seat YUMMY!!!

Couesfan,

You have historically shared with us excellent posts, but now I know you are a genius - and in good company:

Leonardo Divinci quote: "Simplicity is the highest form of sophistication."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

God always takes the simplest way.

Albert Einstein

Mike

mmmmmmmm.....Mr G's [/drool]

I remember going there during lunch in High School.

Chef I didn't know you went to high school? :lol:

Taco bell burritos are my number one hunting food. I have had week long hunting trips when I knew I wasn't going to be back to town for a while so I end up buying well over a dozen; they end up being my meals every day for lunch and dinner. I am just too lazy to build a fire to heat them up. I buy a couple flats of Costco muffins for breakfasts.

Chef is upset with me because last time we went out I brought Filibertos (I was feeling rich) instead of Taco Bell, and I didn't share. :P