Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

OUCH stiches, reminder to be carefull!

i was putting shoes on my wifes horse friday night, and had just got all 8 nails sticking out of the shoe, and had bent them over when he pulled his foot, and i let 2 of the nails slice across my middle finger, TO THE BONE, in 2 different spots, one across the top, and one line across the middle, 10 stiches latter, and some PAINFUL numbing shots, we got -ur-all put back together... yea i felt pretty stupid! so anyway friendly reminder to be carefull, hard to work (oh wait i mean hunt! ) with one hand

sorry for so blurry, i couldnt get my camera to focus that close....

tommy

post-2728-1271695546.jpg

post-2728-1271695552.jpg

post-2728-1271695558.jpg

I feel for you brother!. Those numbing shots are pure torture.

I have had so many stitches in my hands, fingers, plus broken fingers to boot. I cringe every time I injure my hands.

Nice thing is I always pull out my own stitches. It saves an extra trip to the Doc ;)

Heal up and get better!

Man that don't look good buddy. I am sure you will have it all healed up by the turkey hunt. If not I guess I will have to do all the box calling and the slate calling :lol: !

i was putting shoes on my wifes horse friday night, and had just got all 8 nails sticking out of the shoe, and had bent them over when he pulled his foot, and i let 2 of the nails slice across my middle finger, TO THE BONE, in 2 different spots, one across the top, and one line across the middle, 10 stiches latter, and some PAINFUL numbing shots, we got -ur-all put back together... yea i felt pretty stupid! so anyway friendly reminder to be carefull, hard to work (oh wait i mean hunt! ) with one hand

tommy

Next time....super glue and duct tape.

That's redneck health care reform.

Brent

You of anyone are MORE than qualified to comment on injured digits! Share some your pics.. It'll make him forget the pain in his real quick!

Those finger and hand injuries suck.. I've done my fair share of ER time from years in a taxidermy studio.. flesh and razor blades and grinders dont mix.

Brent

You of anyone are MORE than qualified to comment on injured digits! Share some your pics.. It'll make him forget the pain in his real quick!

Those finger and hand injuries suck.. I've done my fair share of ER time from years in a taxidermy studio.. flesh and razor blades and grinders dont mix.

:lol:

High rpm woodworking machinery and power tools, plus complacency, equals human meat grinder.

Someday I will tell you the story of how I went back into my shop the next day, and found that a mouse decided to collect and eat all the bone shavings that came off my thumb :blink:

tommy

A helpul hint.

After your wound closes and the stitches come out. Flex and stretch those fingers as much as possible, and use one of those soft foam exercise balls that you suqeeze with your hands.

It helps alot to stretch the scar tissue and loosen muscles that were damaged by the trauma, and helps with the sensitive nerve endings.

It worked wonders for me!

a guy shot me with a 7mm/08 and it made a wound about like that. i just used super glue and duct tape tho. twist them nails off dude. when ya get old like me ya can only get a couple in at a time before you gotta set his foot down and rest anyway. Lark.

UMM :unsure:

I'm a bit overdue for a new injury :(

Fast healing and Brent is right about the ball. ;)

If you are overdue, I would suggest staying away from the power tools for awhile! :P

And if you are going to shoot Lark, at least use some weaponry that will leave a lasting impression on him, would ya! :lol:

UMM :unsure:

I'm a bit overdue for a new injury :(

Fast healing and Brent is right about the ball. ;)

If you are overdue, I would suggest staying away from the power tools for awhile! :P

And if you are going to shoot Lark, at least use some weaponry that will leave a lasting impression on him, would ya! :lol:

It would take a 444 Marlin to bruise his hard head.

I had to get a cortizone shot in my knee last week and you talk about painful holy cow I wanted to hit the doc. Hope it heals fast.