My grandparents came to this country as illegal immigrants. My father and his family were itinerant farm workers, whom worked from farm to farm often times living in terrible conditions. They worked hard to learn the language an eventually became citizens. My father ( a farm worker) became a successful business man and was able to provide for our family. Unless your native to America, you are all immigrants. We should not be targeted for the color of our skin, how we dress, etc. I feel fortunate to be a grandson of immigrants and proud to be an American. I believe in the Constitution and what it stands for. SB1070 IS unconstitutional and will be proven so. If you feel so strongly about "illegal" immigrants, you should not be eating the food which they pick for your table, the homes you live in that they helped to build. I know the supporters of this bill don't want to believe that the undocumented contribute to the economy of Arizona. Just wait until they all leave!!!! To the good people of Arizona, do yourselves a favor and watch the documentary "9500 Liberty".

Oh and just an FYI. I am white......

And we shouldn't buy any nike tennis shoes cause they are made in sweatshops in china or buy anything from WalMart for that matter cause it all comes from sweatshops in china from factories that puke filthy smoke into the air and cause global warming.........

There are alot of stories about people who have been here legally and those who have not been here legally.

It is simple and all about being legal. Jaime, maybe you can help us understand what it is that makes it OK for so many to be here illegally?

Give us something to sway our thinking.

You have a home I assume, which is something I usually don't do.......is it ok for people to start lining up at your back door and milling through, taking what they need, beating up on your family and even their own?

Maybe they decide to stay a while, so you accomodate them being the good person you are. Before you know it they are eating you out of house and home because you can't afford to feedem all any longer, even if they are taking out the garbage every once in a while and hoeing the weeds in the garden........

Give me some solid info to make me want to vote different on 1070, something besides race.........

It is just about being legal in this state and country.

Glad your grandparents survived their ordeal but in the end, they did get legal papers which is all we are asking.

Race has very little to do with this issue

My cousin who is Italian was sent back to Italy this month because his visa was 3 months expired ( by the way he paid 3000 dollars for his visa )

So what do you call that? (not a race issue he does not belong here he broke the law)

Come on, if your here illegally you need to go back that’s it and that’s all

My whole family, were immigrants that came to the states during the 60s and 70s from Italy. They did every thing right to stay in this country paper work, money, letters, paying taxes, insurance and an American dream for there children to become the best Americans that they could possibly be. Plain and simple there is a process to come to this county people just can’t forget, bend and break the law and rules and expect any one to be ok with that.

Let me try another way......Jaime.......

I assume again that you like hunting since you decided to post on a hunting site........

Huge assumption considering the topic of dicussion..........

Do you like poachers coming in and shooting game in your favorite unit?????

Right, all you ask is that they have a hunting license just like you do!!!!!!!! And a tag of course. :(

My grandparents came to this country as illegal immigrants. My father and his family were itinerant farm workers, whom worked from farm to farm often times living in terrible conditions. They worked hard to learn the language an eventually became citizens. My father ( a farm worker) became a successful business man and was able to provide for our family. Unless your native to America, you are all immigrants. We should not be targeted for the color of our skin, how we dress, etc. I feel fortunate to be a grandson of immigrants and proud to be an American. I believe in the Constitution and what it stands for. SB1070 IS unconstitutional and will be proven so. If you feel so strongly about "illegal" immigrants, you should not be eating the food which they pick for your table, the homes you live in that they helped to build. I know the supporters of this bill don't want to believe that the undocumented contribute to the economy of Arizona. Just wait until they all leave!!!! To the good people of Arizona, do yourselves a favor and watch the documentary "9500 Liberty".

How much contrubution to this society is being made by illegal immigrants who may not be paying taxes, or doing so under a false SSN, or sending alot of the money they make back to Mexico to support their family still in Mexico???????????

If they all leave and quit building our houses, laying our tile, and picking vegetables then there will be more jobs available for the tax paying unemployed citizens of this country. Or have you not noticed that the unemployment rate is currently hovering at 10%???????

Being a victim of the economy and the meltdown of the construction and real estate industry, I went from making as much as $2000.00 a week gross, to being laid off twice, and now trying to live on $265.00 a week unemployment while desperately trying to find a job, and competing against thousands of others for the few jobs available, illegals included.

Its not easy to re-establish yourself when you are pushing 50 years old. And people wonder why I am so pissed off about our current state of employment affairs and the illegals that are taking jobs away from those of us that are born here, and are legal taxing paying, contributing citizens of the United States of America.

I support SB1070 100%.

The writing is on the wall, and it is time our state and federal government pull their heads out of the sand and do what is right for this country and its people, and not just do what is best to save their political careers.

How much contrubution to this society is being made by illegal immigrants who may not be paying taxes, or doing so under a false SSN, or sending alot of the money they make back to Mexico to support their family still in Mexico???????????

If they all leave and quit building our houses, laying our tile, and picking vegetables then there will be more jobs available for the tax paying unemployed citizens of this country. Or have you not noticed that the unemployment rate is currently hovering at 10%???????

Being a victim of the economy and the meltdown of the construction and real estate industry, I went from making as much as $2000.00 a week gross, to being laid off twice, and now trying to live on $265.00 a week unemployment while desperately trying to find a job, and competing against thousands of others for the few jobs available, illegals included.

Its not easy to re-establish yourself when you are pushing 50 years old. And people wonder why I am so pissed off about our current state of employment affairs and the illegals that are taking jobs away from those of us that are born here, and are legal taxing paying, contributing citizens of the United States of America.

I support SB1070 100%.

The writing is on the wall, and it is time our state and federal government pull their heads out of the sand and do what is right for this country and its people, and not just do what is best to save their political careers.

Sorry about the crappy economy Snap, I heard two reports on the news yesterday:

The huge protest against Bill 1070 and all the students that walked out on school to protest.

200 plus workers got fired by some grocery stores here in AZ because the Federal Gov. did an audit and uncovered 200 plus illegal workers at these grocery stores.

That should pretty much sum it up as well...

Well said Snap

I am 100% in support of this bill. There is nothing racist about this legislation and it does not violate any civil rights. When will people that are against this legislation realize that being "illegal" is not a race?! I am all for legal immigration and support the people that come from other parts of the world to become legal U.S. citizens. Anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to legally come here is probably going to work hard and be a productive citizen. God bless them!

Jaime-I know many illegals here in my business park that are earning over $20 per hour. They live together in homes to save money and send much of it back to Mexico. Those are great jobs Americans want and need and the money needs to be spent here right now to help our economy. Fact is if we cracked down on hiring illegals our unemployment rate would go down tomorrow. I am sympathetic to immigration and supportive of allowing as many immigrants in as we need to do those jobs Americans don't want but not to stay and take jobs Americans need right now. I am not willing to sacrifice my grandson's future to help out the neighbors. They are sucking the education, health and welfare systems dry.

I cant believe that we are being forced to make another law to make something that is illegal more illegal. The word ILLEGAL should be the clue that things are not right. BTW I support 1070.

Jaime-I know many illegals here in my business park that are earning over $20 per hour. They live together in homes to save money and send much of it back to Mexico. Those are great jobs Americans want and need and the money needs to be spent here right now to help our economy. Fact is if we cracked down on hiring illegals our unemployment rate would go down tomorrow. I am sympathetic to immigration and supportive of allowing as many immigrants in as we need to do those jobs Americans don't want but not to stay and take jobs Americans need right now. I am not willing to sacrifice my grandson's future to help out the neighbors. They are sucking the education, health and welfare systems dry.

Another thing that needs to happen, is huge fines and jail time for any person caught employing illegals. Wouldn't it be something to see the owners of the grocery store that just got caught , spend 30 days in the slammer?

The people that knowingly hire illegals, or are not willing to do a thorough background check, are just as guilty as anyone.

The big problem is the democrats want amnesty and the votes.

The republicans want cheaper jobs for business owners.

The brain power in Washington is amazing!

Your Grandparents !!!! To try to compare the dynamics of today's illegal immigrant issues to those of the early to mid 1900's is absurd .... The immigration laws were different as were the Naturalization laws .... It is to easy to make this a race issue when the fact is that there are legal methods of entering a country and also becoming a citizen .... Go visit Mexico or almost any other country and try to say we as people do not profile everyday and not just by skin color ..... These Illegals should be happy they are not crossing the border into North Korea !!!! Someone in your family had the smarts long ago to abide by the law .... So you should not dishonor them by supporting those who choose not to .....

Ignorance is Bliss and you Jaime are floating on cloud nine Full of BLISS

my first ancestor here landed at plymouth mass in 1630. i also have a full bleed creek great x6 gramma. so i can claim injun blood too. my kin fought and died in every war we've ever been in. my kin settled the west. if i ain't a native American, nobody is. this ain't about race. the people protesting it are using race because it gets press. it's about the law. Az is bleeding to death because of a lot of things but one thing that we can have direct control of and can change and make a huge difference in, is this "illegal" alien deal. it will save the state billions per year. billions. crime will drop so much it ain't funny. we'll have a surplus of taxes because we won't be supporting parasites. there will be more jobs. the roads will be safer. we won't have to deal with all this safe house, kidnapping, drugs, theft, fraud, murder, smuggling, etc, that is all directly attributed to illegal alien activity. get off the race deal, it's bull$h!t. come up with some real reasons that have merit. and don't give me anything about they're doing the jobs Americans won't. there ain't anything Americans won't do. the entire world is on our backs and has been since WWII. we support everyone. we're like the sun and everyone else revolves around us. period. we have a very precise, set, legal means of immigration. use it or go to jail and then get sent home. and i dare anyone against 1070 to look up mexico's immigration laws and compare them to ours. you can't even immigrate from town to town or state to there without forfeiting your rights. can't even vote. this ain't about race or culture color or religion. it's about the law. our law. obey it or stay home. Lark.

my first ancestor here landed at plymouth mass in 1630. i also have a full bleed creek great x6 gramma. so i can claim injun blood too. my kin fought and died in every war we've ever been in. my kin settled the west. if i ain't a native American, nobody is. this ain't about race. the people protesting it are using race because it gets press. it's about the law. Az is bleeding to death because of a lot of things but one thing that we can have direct control of and can change and make a huge difference in, is this "illegal" alien deal. it will save the state billions per year. billions. crime will drop so much it ain't funny. we'll have a surplus of taxes because we won't be supporting parasites. there will be more jobs. the roads will be safer. we won't have to deal with all this safe house, kidnapping, drugs, theft, fraud, murder, smuggling, etc, that is all directly attributed to illegal alien activity. get off the race deal, it's bull$h!t. come up with some real reasons that have merit. and don't give me anything about they're doing the jobs Americans won't. there ain't anything Americans won't do. the entire world is on our backs and has been since WWII. we support everyone. we're like the sun and everyone else revolves around us. period. we have a very precise, set, legal means of immigration. use it or go to jail and then get sent home. and i dare anyone against 1070 to look up mexico's immigration laws and compare them to ours. you can't even immigrate from town to town or state to there without forfeiting your rights. can't even vote. this ain't about race or culture color or religion. it's about the law. our law. obey it or stay home. Lark.

Jaime where did you go, I have been sitting on the edge of my seat all morning just waiting.......and waiting.

One solid answer that makes being here in this country illegally OK......

Well said Lark as usual..............

One hit wonders! I see them all the time!

200 plus workers got fired by some grocery stores here in AZ because the Federal Gov. did an audit and uncovered 200 plus illegal workers at these grocery stores.

That should pretty much sum it up as well...

Well said Snap

Well there you go guys. looks like there's 200 new jobs. go get them.......