Sign in to follow this  

macho

I have a very hard time believing you can trap a big cat using only poop as bait.

one of the most effective forms of trap bait is a turd. many a coyote and bobcat has fallen to anothers feces. find an ant bed, set your trap, put a turd on top of it. works real well. there are lotsa ways to bait a trap and a turd is one of the better ones. generally you don't bait traps with meat. in fact it's illegal to have a trap close to meat. and it usually isn't very effective either. you usually use scent. really smelly junk ya make outta dead fish and other stuff and you usually always put urine and feces in it. these animals have a smeller that is so advanced it's amazing. i don't know about jaguars, but i'd imagine they'd have habits similar to a lion. if you're in country that has lions you can find scratches in most saddles. it's how they communicate. they wander through to see who is in the country. if you find a place that is frequented by lions like that, you can set a trap there and if ya know what you're doing, probably catch one. i'm sure that is what these guys were doing. Lark.

I love the quote in the upper right hand corner " believed to be the oldest wild Jaguar in the WORLD" How would those buffoons have any notion of an idea that he was the oldest Jaguar in the World....HAHahahahah....arrogant fools...