Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

Amazing info on immigration law

Did anyone else see the Factor last night? Several things were brought up that no one else has brought up about the immigration law in Arizona and the federal immigration laws.

The Arizona law is clear that only after the police are involved with a person can they ask about immigration status.

Federal law, as determined by the Supreme Court in 2005, states that the police may stop anyone, at any time for the sole reason of determining immigration status. The police, Border Patrol, or Sheriff's office can pull over a vehicle, or stop anyone for no other reason.

The new law in Arizona is not nearly as strict as existing federal law. Which proves to me that all the uproar and boycotting and denigrating of Arizona is all based on politics. It also proves the power of the lame stream media in influencing opinion.

Good for Arizona for finally dealing with a difficult but important issue, and for forcing the feds to deal with it as well.

I just hope that AZ has the guts to either pull the plug on LA's electricity, or raises their rates to make up for the huge losses from their boycott.

TwoGuns

I know this issue is being beat to death, but I thought this too amazing not to pass on.

+1 on the politics. TV news stations sensationalize stuff like this trying to get viewers. More people are choosing to get their news over the internet anymore. People who get too caught up in this stuff are just big babies.......

The good president is also using the Az law as a distraction so he can get financial reform passed. Its no coincidence that topic heated up at the same time our law was passed. Obama is a slick one. No one is paying attention to financial reform. :ph34r:

Been pulled over a few times on pavement down south while hunting, BP "just checking sir because you are in a high traffic area for illegal activity".

Yeah i heard that awhile back, people are just whining. As for Calif. pull the plug anyway

Mark