Guest 300ultramag.

Before and after photos!

Guest 300ultramag.

I want to see all the guys that did their homework.... and it paid off for em'

Whether it be pics through your binos or a trail camera or while hiking.

hunting a specific buck, bear, elk.. where it didnt matter if a shooter walked in..... you held out for a specific animal and you were successful..

Last two years I was in those shoes, however they are my smaller bucks. The biggest bucks come when we never see them til the season starts, pretty weird.

pict01222.jpg

Video

th_PICT0121.jpg

PICT0179.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

Smaller3x3.jpg

PICT0639.jpg

no blood trail on this guy

This has been posted before but it fits this thread well.....good times. Congrats for my Dad shooting this buck after I had him at 35 yards in January during archery season but his doe winded me and I think we all know how that feels, watching them flag up over the hill.

post-2362-1274823791_thumb.jpg

January '09

post-2362-1274823866_thumb.jpg

post-2362-1274823901.jpg

Two days before the October hunt '09

post-2362-1274823943_thumb.jpg

post-2362-1274823999_thumb.jpg

Opening morning October hunt '09

112 6/8th

Congrats Dad, glad I could have helped!

I first seen this buck while helping on a Javelina hunt in February 2007. Made lots of trips down to look for sheds but couldn't find his. Put a cam up in July and made trips twice a week to check it (90 miles round trip). I got to watch him grow through the summer. I have over 40 photos of "Diablo"

I drew a November tag for the area. My son and I went in and within 30 minutes I glassed a big buck about a mile away. I offered the buck to my son and he said "he's your buck pops" so off I went.

I waited on him for 2 hours while he was bedded on the hillside. I had a hard time finding him but I knew he was there. Finally the wind blew part of the bush he was behind and I caught a glimpse of an antler.

I put him down, in his bed, at 200 yards.

I have to admit that I was a little sad when I walked up on him after all we had been through..........it was over.

diablo032.jpg

diablo022.jpg

lastphotos066.jpg

lastphotos070.jpg

MDGC0063.jpg

as I walked up on him.......

P1010025.jpg

P1010026.jpg

This dude broke sometime just prior to this trailcam pic, camera was placed there right after seeing him unbroken in person the day before. Didn't realize it was the same buck until a week later when i found him for my client. Trailcam pics can be VERY decieving, as you can see here. I thought that was just a broken 100" class buck....he was actually 117" as is broken in the trailcam pic!

Mexico20102122.jpg

Mexico20102118.jpg

Not coues, but wouldn't have killed this buck without using trailcams! Also had this buck at 195" in the trailcam pics, ended up officially grossing 215". Ya never can be for sure, but they have usually been bigger in person for me.

KaibabTC1.jpg

KaibabTC4.jpg

KaibabTC3.jpg

KaibabTC2.jpg

KK13.jpg

KK2.jpg

K7.jpg

Guest 300ultramag.

is he standing? i see something not quite skylined but 3/4 up and possibly has another deer up and to the left from him

Standing under large oak tree by himself. 2/3rds up close to the middle of the pic.

Sorry long way away through the bino's.

Guest 300ultramag.
This dude broke sometime just prior to this trailcam pic, camera was placed there right after seeing him unbroken in person the day before. Didn't realize it was the same buck until a week later when i found him for my client. Trailcam pics can be VERY decieving, as you can see here. I thought that was just a broken 100" class buck....he was actually 117" as is broken in the trailcam pic!

Mexico20102122.jpg

Mexico20102118.jpg

Not coues, but wouldn't have killed this buck without using trailcams! Also had this buck at 195" in the trailcam pics, ended up officially grossing 215". Ya never can be for sure, but they have usually been bigger in person for me.

KaibabTC1.jpg

KaibabTC4.jpg

KaibabTC3.jpg

KaibabTC2.jpg

KK13.jpg

KK2.jpg

K7.jpg

sweet!

Archery 2009 season

post-2094-1274884919_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1274884900_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1274884926.jpg

post-2094-1274885017_thumb.jpg

That's an awesome buck you shot!!!!! But the trailcam picture looks like a different buck.