Sign in to follow this  
GSPMan

Why do people shy away from Zeiss 15x60's?

I have noticed that people seem to turn their noses up at the zeiss 15x60's. These are some of the best ever made. There is a pair now in the classifieds without one remark. Are they thought to be inferior, out of fashion what is it? Any thoughts?

One reason I went with Swarovski is the tripod mounting system. I had a pair of Zeiss 10's that I had to use the velcro/strap system and it was hard to keep steady. The second reason is that they cost more and I wanted to look like a big spender. :lol:

Not sure what the differences are but I would imagine weight would be a factor. I use to have 15x60 Doctors that are similar in size to the Ziess and they were much heavier than my Swaro's.

I know a few that prefer zeiss over Swaro. People with glasses seem to. The eye cups work better while wearing glasses. They also make better mounting systems that the Websters. They seem front heavy on a tripod for me. Ive been able to spend a lot of time behind them. The color contrast is better than any other glass I've looked through. Say a deer is standing in front of a prickly pear a long ways off. Ill notice the difference in colors first in the zeiss. They are good glass, and plenty of people have found lots of critters with em.

Tripod adapter was the reason I selected the Swaros in the 15x.

However, I have been looking for a 8x or 10x power and prefer the Zeiss over Swaros, I like that they have a transferable lifetime warranty and pretty much every review I have read on the 8 or 10 x favor Zeiss T FL and Lecia over Swaro.

I have had to send my Swaro for service twice (my fault...falls)...they did not charge me a crazy amount each time (about $200) but still thats $200 when Zeiss, Lecia, Nikon, even crappy Pentax could have done for free.

I used the Zeiss 15x60's for a few years and I didnt have a problem with them at all. They were nice, but in all honesty they dont hold a candle to my Duovids.

I have had to send my Swaro for service twice (my fault...falls)...they did not charge me a crazy amount each time (about $200) but still thats $200 when Zeiss, Lecia, Nikon, even crappy Pentax could have done for free.

My Swaro 15's were knocked out of alignment last year on my deer hunt when my tripod blew over. They were repaired free of charge and returned within 10 days.

Concerning the Harley/Honda/quality question - both put out quality products but more people would rather have a Harley than a Honda.

My Swaro 15's were knocked out of alignment last year on my deer hunt when my tripod blew over. They were repaired free of charge and returned within 10 days.

Mine had more than alignment problem, the lens was scratched.

Redman

So do you think they are a "honda" in quality as compared to the "harley" swaros?

more like aston martin and ferrari

Honda!

You can come up with something better then Honda

I don’t even consider the two on the same playing field

Just my two pennies.

I don’t mean to offend