wardsoutfitters

Inverter Broadhead test #2 Cinder Block

Not many heads would withstand the tests you've conducted. Can't deny that. I'd shoot an elk with them...... maybe I will if I ever draw a tag! Hope it's a big seller for ya!

I live up in Flagstaff and thats a long drive to tucson to buy some broad heads is there any other place to buy some of your heads?

I live up in Flagstaff and thats a long drive to tucson to buy some broad heads is there any other place to buy some of your heads?

As soon as he gets some more in stock, then I will be selling them here on CW.com. That will make them easy to get for everyone :)

What is the purpose of this test? Will you re-post the same test with a field point or even an arrow that weighs the same (overall weight compared to your test arrow) with no head at all? I'd bet you'll get the same result. I really don't care how well your broadhead holds up to cinder blocks or plywood or metal barrels, or what have you. I've seen it all. It really doesn't prove much. I have yet to meet a hunter who willingly shoots his broadhead at rocks, trees, cinder blocks, or whatever and then re-uses the head for hunting. The vast majority of hunters will shoot a broadhead one time at an animal during their hunt. If they miss, they will use a different arrow with a different, i.e. same brand but new, broadhead.

When I'm evaluating a broadhead, three things come to mind and they are all relevant (unlike the cinder block test for example):

1. How does it fly? What kind of groups can you get from say 60 or 70 yards with these heads? If the broadhead doesn't fly accurately it does me no good.

2. How well does it penetrate compared to other broadheads? A pass through on elk sized game is ideal in my opinion.

3. How big does it cut. This one directly affects #2 above. Too much cutting = not enough penetration. Too much penetration = not a big enough cut.

If I'm ever hunting cinder blocks, I will consider this head. Or maybe I just hire this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIUmfXXe0v4...feature=related

Now that guy is impressive. He killed 10 cinder blocks with just his elbow!

In the future, I'd like to see broadhead tests that prove 1, 2, and 3 above. Those kinds of tests are relevant and realistic.

By the way, I really would like to see you do the same test with a field point. I bet that field point holds up just as well, if not better, and I bet it also kills the cinder block, but that doesn't mean that I'd consider using a field point for hunting.

The purpose of this test is to show durability, none other !!!

If you read all the posts you will see that the broadhead flies very well out of high speed bows. I have been shooting this head out of my x-force at 80#'s with a 400 grain arrow at 356 fps and it flies great out past 100 yards. shooters must keep in mind that even field tips will not fly consistently out of bows that are not well tuned. You talk about pass through shots on elk sized game, as you know there are so many factors that weigh in on that. Kinetic energy, Shot distance, animal reaction, angle of the shot, there are too many factors for me to be able to say that everyone will get pass through shots. Your statement #3 makes very little sense to me due to the fact that every shot is different when shooting animals in a un controlled environment. Again it goes back to Kinetic energy, Shot distance, animal reaction, angle of the shot, every hunting situation is going to be different, so as hunters we need to use equipment that works good in every situation. We have to find a happy medium.

as for gelatin test they show nothing due to the fact that there is shaft pinch, the bigger the hole on the entrance side of the gelatin the deeper it will penetrate "less resistance on the shaft" you can't tell me that a field tip won't out penetrate a broadhead but in gelatin the broadhead will out penetrate the field tip because there is less resistance on the shaft

I will show broadhead flight tests this next week. as far as bending blades It's hard to do but I will try to find something to shoot it into to bend them.

Steven

I will show broadhead flight tests this next week. as far as bending blades It's hard to do but I will try to find something to shoot it into to bend them.

Steven

where the flight tests....i want to try these broadheads, theres no doubt they are very durable but i want to see how they fly and group at longer distances.

I too am looking forword to the flight tests. I really enjoyed the durability tests! I think that they will do fine. One part about posting tests is that you are subject to critisizm. That being said I will wait for the flight tests to buy a pack. Were they on another link or have the tests not happened yet? I would like to purchade a pack this week to practice for the august hunt to please post the tests!

I just watched the cinder block video again and noticed the broadhead didn't go thru far enough to open the blades. It would have been interesting seeing how well the blades held up. Have you done any test showing the blades actually penetrating anything? If so where can I see the video. Thanks Steven. :)

TJ

I shot a jack rabbit at 40 yards with one of these last friday, and it zipped through like there was nothing there. Perfect entrance and exit wound. Very impressive, and flies better than any other broadhead I have used to date.