Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

The bear videos I promised

This video reminds me of a call I made to Game and Fish a couple of years ago before a bear hunt. A group of us were going and had 4 of 5 tags, we were joking around about what we would do if we saw a sow with cubs. I called the G&F line and asked customer service since the only animals off limits were sows with cubs, if we tagged the cubs first could one of us then tag the sow. The customer service lady almost screamed "NO" then she paused and said, "hold on". She asked the Law Enforcement Officer and came back on the line and in a really sad voice told us it was legal. We could shoot her the moment she no longer had live cubs. I wouldn't do it but the reaction we got from her was funny. You could just hear the contempt in her voice, until I told her we wouldn't do it, we just wanted to know the law.

BTW great videos

This video reminds me of a call I made to Game and Fish a couple of years ago before a bear hunt. A group of us were going and had 4 of 5 tags, we were joking around about what we would do if we saw a sow with cubs. I called the G&F line and asked customer service since the only animals off limits were sows with cubs, if we tagged the cubs first could one of us then tag the sow. The customer service lady almost screamed "NO" then she paused and said, "hold on". She asked the Law Enforcement Officer and came back on the line and in a really sad voice told us it was legal. We could shoot her the moment she no longer had live cubs. I wouldn't do it but the reaction we got from her was funny. You could just hear the contempt in her voice, until I told her we wouldn't do it, we just wanted to know the law.

BTW great videos

That had to be funny asking the lady a question like that and getting her reaction.

Cool videos, what camera are you using?

BTW great videos

That had to be funny asking the lady a question like that and getting her reaction.

Cool videos, what camera are you using?

Its a Moultree 5.0

nice video!

did you have a bear box?

I guess you wouldn't have to pack much food and water. :lol:

james

Great videos! thx!

and CactusJack, I can't believe you called AGFD to ask that question! I am not surprised that they were horrified! Glad to hear you guys wouldn't actually do that!

Great videos! thx!

and CactusJack, I can't believe you called AGFD to ask that question! I am not surprised that they were horrified! Glad to hear you guys wouldn't actually do that!

Its good to know the law :lol: