muledeerarea33?

Who Shot At ME????

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers 25-06 but I've never heard anyone get so riled up over being "rained on" by pellets.

I think most folks interpret "peppered" to be something like a direct line shot or overspray. Having pellets rain down from an overhead shot is totally different. and WILL happen whenever shotguns are fired in the air.

Not knowing the area this took place in, I am only taking the words from the postings and stating an opinion and referenced a similar line post a while back. I would say that bird hunting in deer areas is pretty rare, so overlap of competing seasons probably would not be on my mind either unless I had seen deer in a "dove" hunting area.

Your posts sound like those of an ethical hunter. I am not trying to make an argument about this either, just posting some food for thought. :)

Safe Hunting to all.

1. I can understand mule33 being upset, maybe I dont agree with his belief that he should have the waterhole to himself on labor day weekend with dove hunting going on, but I understand him being upset with deer coming in etc. 2. I also understand that hunting doves coming INTO water is a very normal practice and raining pellets happens even in the best set up dove locations. I also understand that parking next to another vehicle during a dove hunt is normal because there are millions of people out and it is an impossibility to find a spot by yourself at a waterhole close to civilization. I also know that sitting a water hole close to Tucson during the dove season will cause me to be right under where everyone is shooting. MY RAMBLING POINT IS THAT THERE IS NOBODY THAT IS GOING TO WIN IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. we can all say what we should or would have done, but lets just agree that unfortunately two of the people that frequent this site and are fellow brothers in the hunting community had an experience that we cannot fix here on the internet. It will continue to happen with people we do not know out in the field and all of us may learn a lesson or two about empathy, but this type situation will continue to come up with a growing population and cross over of hunts. I dont have the answer because both you guys were hunting legal, ethical and morally within your rights.................Allen...............

Allen I agree with the dove hunting issue, I have had vehicles park next to me quite a few times and as long as they didn't stand next to me I was ok. I have been shot while dove hunting and have been peppered, I have always said peppered was when it is falling on you. The worst part of when I was shot was the guys that shot me were shooting at quail that landed in a tree close to me, in september, I had to walk over and tell them what they were doing was illegal and that I didn't care to be shot again, my truck was also hit that time so they had to see something, I was pissed, but I didn't want to no trouble and nobody was hurt, there were no g&f officers around that time or the quail issue would have been brought up. Good Luck and God Bless, and Have a SAFE hunting season.

If I'm reading your report right . " What are you doing with a hand gun while your bow hunting"! I will send this report to Game and fish so G&F can pay both of you a visit!!!!!! Your not allowed to have any firearms on or around a bow hunter during the season...

The real important issue that I think is being lost in all of the emotion is: When did they actually make those decals? I saw the post of people talking about what a great idea it was but I thought it had died on the vine. I want one too! And by the by grayghos why dont you go ahead and turn me in too because you will NEVER find me hunting in a southern unit without my Smith and Wesson. Laws are for those who respect laws, and as soon as my government does what I pay it to do I will leave my sidearm at home! Happy and safe hunting Partner!

25-06,

Thanks for the self disclosure.

You're the man.

Mike

Grayghos ,

Have you ever been to the southern part of the state?

Now, I have always defended the illegal aliens, mostly out of pitty. But, I know there would be no way in heck that if I was a bow hunter I would not carry a side arm. Even as a rifle man I will always have mt baby with me.

People HAVE been killed out there! My side arm goes where I go anywhere in the souther AZ outdoors! B)

25-06,

GOOD JOB ON THE FESSING UP! Take some big ones to do that you know.

Grizzly,

This is the type of sticker that 25-06 has. Anyone who wants one can email me and I will get you one. Otherwise if you want a smaller decal, you have to be patient. I had a batch of smaller ones printed and didn't like the quality of them, so I am going with another printer and hope they will be done sometime in the next few months.

There are about 4 people in AZ that have this decal on their vehicles. They cost me about $15-20, but anyone that wants one can have it for free. Just email me.

It should last several years and it can go on paint or a window.

new-jeep-back-view.jpg

heck, the funnest part o' bird huntin' is ketchin the guys yer with in a position that you can shoot em "accidently". once me and another redneck were dove huntin' by a pigfarm. standin' on a canal bank. along come some other dork and parked hisself about 100 yds down the bank from my pal. whenever a dove would fly between em, this guy would shoot at it. hit the guy i was with several times. even after he asked him to knock it off. anyway, another dove comes in and this dumbass peppered the heck outta him. he yells at him "Hey! has that gun got a front sight on it?" the dumbass looks at it says "yeah". my pal says, "you oughta file it off". the dumbass says "why?" "so it won't hurt so bad when i shove it up your butt!!!!". then he levelled off and shot the guy back. he got the message and left. Lark.

More Food for thought on the CWT Buffet line....

I think a decal that identifies you is another way to keep people honest and straight. I had a friend who had to take the Christian Fish symbol off his car since he felt his rush hour driving was not a proper reflection on a Christian attitude! B)

I thought, Hmmmm. maybe more Christains should have one stuck to their bumper (or forehead) and they might think about their actions before doing something they would regret! :lol:

WWJD?

I hear that there are times I fill like taking the sighns off my truck so people will not know who I am as I chase them down the freeway. B) :lol: