We start in the Clifton on the San Francisco river. We put in at about 0930

031-2.jpg

Here is where the Frisco flows into the Gila

037.jpg

Typical views

045.jpg

One of the many swimming holes

068.jpg

This is where we stopped to camp on the first night after a long day.

062-2.jpg

063-3.jpg

Sheep

126.jpg

116.jpg

Young Ram

109.jpg

We caught some small fish

130.jpg

And some bigger fish

172.jpg

My bed and camp on the second night

168.jpg

Loading up the boats for the third and final day on the river

176.jpg

182.jpg

The wall in the Gila Box

185.jpg

This is where Bonita Creek flows into the Gila

193.jpg

This trip is something I always look forward to. Very remote country, amazing scenery, good fishing, and just a good way to recharge my batteries.

Awesome!! Sounds like a ton of fun... Awesome pictures also!! ;)

WOW looks like fun, I always wanted to make that trip! I make my annual trip down to Eagle creek but never have done the float. I would love to try it out. Did you fish for any smallmouth bass?

WOW looks like fun, I always wanted to make that trip! I make my annual trip down to Eagle creek but never have done the float. I would love to try it out. Did you fish for any smallmouth bass?

This time we did not fish for smallmouth, but in the past I have hiked up eagle and fished for them. Smallmouth fishing is another one of my passions, but it is usually better a little further up stream.

Looks to be a fun river trip through a nice canyon. What kind of flows do you like to have? Any nasty rapids along the way?

Looks to be a fun river trip through a nice canyon. What kind of flows do you like to have? Any nasty rapids along the way?

The Flow on the San Francisco was about 50 cfs which is not ideal, we had to get out and drag our boats in several spots. The flow in the Gila was about 70 cfs which is about perfect for a slow float and makes for good fishing. With these flows there is not too many rapids to contend with.

Sometimes we will go earlier in the year when the flow is much higher. This is fun too because the only time you need to paddle is just to keep your self going in the right direction. Fishing is not as good though, and you can usually count on flipping your boat a couple of times in the rapids.

I like the 7th pic down with all the sheep. The more I look at it the more sheep I find...I'm currently at 8.

Yeah I get 8 also, It was amazing watching them jump from one little ledge to the next with ease.

Did you get out at Solomon? How far did you?

We got out right before solomon at the end of the Gila Box