Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Circles of hair

I was out checking some areas for whitetail and putting a camera up when I came across a circle of deer hair about 5' in diameter(a lot of hair no hide or bones). I thought maybe a lion kill but then I found about 4 or 5 more in the next half a mile. Anybody seen this and know want it is? When I go grab my camera I will take some pics of one or two of the circles.

5" circle of deer hair 4 or 5 times in a half mile? Sounds like someone or something has marked the way to your favorite honey hole. ;)

TJ

Guest Bandido

First it was crop circles. Now it's "hair circles". I guess everything does come full circle huh? :ph34r:

eager to see some photos.

I will post some within two weeks.

Guess, hairballs

That's what I was going guess. I saw the type of thing up on the rim last week.

Justin

Guest Bandido

What was the hair like? Clumps? Did the hair have the roots? Blood? Any tracks around or anything like that? Were all of these "circles" in the same kind of area, like in the brush, in the open, etc? That's interesting. All mammals shed. :ph34r:

I shed once a week. My wife know when cuz zhe finds a hair circle in the bathroom sink. And there will be a dull bic razor close by as well. Strange that you have not found bones near by. Usualy hair circles mean something died in the center of that circle.

It does have clumps, not blood no bone. they all seemed to be in the bottom of a draw or near the bottom is about the only pattern on where they were seen

I've got a pretty good idea of what they might be, but will have to see a picture to be sure...

Post some soon.