Sign in to follow this  
jdub

Think the little guy made it?

You think the little dude made it out alive? Check out the time stamps. I was just going thru my pics and saw these for the first time in a year and thought it was worth sharing..

kitty doesn't look in a big hurry.

i don't think the young ones smell like the grown ups.

i've seen the momma try to lure me away several hundred yards while the little one laid down in the tall grass and disappeared.

always enjoy wildlife photos, thanks for sharing!

james

Wow, I hope he made it. You could always go back in the area and look for a carcass pile. The mother elk might have fought the lion off if he did catch up to them and try to eat the calf.

Oopsss.... I just saw that it was a year ago, so I guess finding the carcass pile is out.

Yeah Amanda, sorry to post something from last year, just purging my pictures off my computer and wanted to share. I can't get enough of everone else's pics.

I looked around for the carcass the next week but found nothing. I saw a couple skinny lions last year early on but they anded up putting on some lbs though.

Nice pic for sure.. But you can tell that the lion was indeed tracking those two elk. Maybe he was able to smell the little one nearby. Hopefully he made it.