Sign in to follow this  
kwp

Pics of 4 point coues

Got my film back from my trial cam this last weekend. These pics are from about three weeks ago and are of the same buck as the five sheds that I have. I'm hoping that he will continue to grow a little more so that he will eclipse his biggest year. Sorry about the poor quality, just a cheap 35mm cam

kevin-payne-trailcam805b.jpg

kevin-payne-trailcam805a.jpg

The pics of the sheds are on page 11 of the sheds gallery

I agree with the 14-16. He looks wider than most coues.....great pics and I hope you have him on the ground with more pics this year........wish I had a coues tag......these pictures are killing me......LOL.........Allen Taylor......

15-16 looks about right.

He'd look good on your wall with that collection of sheads below him :unsure:

I think brian's right with around 13-14".Because deer always look wider from the back view and his ears are laid back making him appear wider as well.

Awesome Payne Boys!!!!!

Nothin like starting a lick and having the Buck you want start using it, then on top of that have him smile for the camera! Congrats, NOW GO SHOOT THAT THING....

did the deer dig that hole there in the foreground? If so WOW!!! I know they love salt but dang! Great buck.

Yeah, the deer dug that hole. I built the salt lick a little over a year ago so they have been working on it for a while. I've replenished it a couple of times since then.

It seems to me that they have hit it the hardest this summer. I don't know if it has to do with the heat, all the rain, or if it is just now really getting established and they will be visiting it a lot more frequently now.

Before we went to check my camera we glassed the area and as well as seeing a lot of deer out feeding, there were three does that spent at least 30 minutes at the lick. That was really cool to watch. When we got to the lick it was obvious that they had been digging at it and there were a couple of wet spots where it looked like they had been licking (didn't look like pee spots)

kwp,

Sounds like THE HONEY HOLE, literally B)

It's just the basic granulated trace mineral salt that you can get at most feed stores