Sign in to follow this  
Whitehntr

Carrying a handgun while archery hunting?

Guest Ernesto C

Mike you better clarify your post,dont want people to get in trouble.......I checked what you told us...........It will be illegal to carry a firearm while archery hunting..........but you are telling us otherwise....please help!

Thanks and God bless.

Ernesto C.

Respect other peoples property

I have an e-mail from Ron Day ( law enforcement branch cheif ) that states it is ok.I took the tex from that e-mail.If any body wants to see it send me an e -mail mkornoski@cox.net

Guest Ernesto C

Which branch of law enforcement?? Acoording to the Az G.& F. officers and to the Az.Hunting and Trapping Regulations is illegal.

Thanks for your help and support.God bless

Ernesto C.

P.S. Maybe it will not be a bad idea if you send me or post a copy of that email.

The email you sent says it's illegal to carry a firearm/handgun during an archery hunt. But there is something in the email about a proposed rule change which would make it legal.

Since I don't know the source of the email I didn't want to post it here. Seems pretty clear that it is currently illegal to carry a handgun on an archery hunt.

Amanda

quit worrying about it. if you punch a broadhead through a bad guy, the rest of em are gonna get the message and boogie. heck, blunt the sobs. i've done that before and i guarantee ya, they don't get up for awhile. if you're bow hunting, you have a really deadly weapon in your hands. it doesn't make a lotta noise and follow up shots are a little slow, but i guarantee you that if you harpoon somebody, his buddies will get the message. go huntin' and don't let a buncha illegal whatevers worry ya or make ya change your plans. if you're real worried about it, pack a pistol. just be ready to pay fine. you ain't gonna go to prison or even get anything other than a citation for doing it. that's is if you get caught. do what you have to do, but don't let anything or anyone keep you from hunting. Lark.

The way I understand the following, it is a PROPOSED rule change that G&F is considering. I have not personally verified it with G&F.

R12-4-318 Seasons for Lawfully Taking Wild Mammals, Birds, and Reptiles

Part C.

2. An individual participation in an "archery-only" season shall use and possess only a bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304, and shall not use or possess any other weapons to take wildlife, including crossbows or any other bows with a device that holds the bow in a drawn position, except as authorized by R12-4-216. An individual participating in an "archery-only" season may carry a handgun for personal protection providing the barrel does not exceed six inches in length.

bowsniper