Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

Need Help Scoring this Carp

I think the red summer coat and the fact that the flash from the camera may be washing the picture out somewhat is adding to some of the confusion. Maybe :)

I agree. Definitely a Desert Mule Deer and a very large one at that. I think he could definitely gross in the 180's.

Very nice I might shoot that on the first day???? CM

That deer is big,

He definitely scores in the high 190's or better bet, he brakes the 200 mark,

most deer that go books are 24' to 26' inches wide, thats the real deal. Congrats,

that deer should be up here on the kaibab with me! JK. Whack that toad.

I had to reply,

After looking at the photos again, that deer is definitely going to gross in the 200's.

And if you kill him with a bow, he will probably, and I say that strongly, be the new P&Y typical record for Az.

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once I have to agree with muley. I think that he'll ram past the 200" mark. He's not wide, but he's still got 20" or better inside the main beam, and thats the only spread measurment that counts.

I got to measure a 204" muley this year. He had a 197" typical frame............this buck stomps that. Only thing I dont agree with muley on is that deer should be in my neck of the woods not the kaibab.

I'll put my money on the 210'ish mark with the fifth point. Gross score of course, if you want net talk to a fisherman or a collector.

Congrats on the picture.

I don't want to sound like a Jerk..... but..... anybody who thinks that buck will gross less than 200" has got to be wrong. You only get one Spread measurement..... Look at how deep his forks are and that big 5th point on the right...... That buck has great length......and although I don't know that much about Carp Deer, I give this buck a gross score of 200"-210". B) Nice Frickin' Deer! Is he still roaming the hills?????

We did find him the last few days of the archery hunt. He had does with him and was unbelieveable. We never got a shot but it was awesome to be able to stalk him. Closest we got was 85 yards. He was 4 miles from the waterhole we got the picture on. We will try again next year. I'm sure I will get pictures of him next year. It is the only waterhole for 15 miles. I will keep you posted.

My buddy missed this buck at 50 yards. In the same area as the biggin.

post-539-1138940484.jpg

The last pic is a trail camera pic too.

Wow, looks like you've got a mulie honey hole.

To bad your bud missed that buck, he's a dandy.

Can wait to see pics of the big boy next year. Thanks matthewp45 B)

You've got some good genes running in there, find his sheds and and you'll see

that he will score pretty high. Nice pic's. Keep them coming.