Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

Need Help Scoring this Carp

no disrespect to anyone, but that is muley through and through. I also think he scores alot higher than what the current guesses are. If I am not mistaken, b&c has tons of record book bucks that dont have inside spreads much greater than 24". This deer has such deep forks I bet he goes close to 200. either way I would shoot him in a minute. Send the picture on over to monster muleys and see what the guesses are there.............thanks for an outstanding picture..........Allen................

He is definetly a muley no questions about it. The only thing in this area is mule deer and big horn sheep. I am 100% sure he is a muley. He has been living in 110 degree temps all summer that is why you might think his color and markings are off. Thanks to everyone for your guesses and keep them coming please.

I'm guessing ~195-200.

Great buck!

That is one fantastic Desert Buck and I would suggest Matt that you find a way to get an arrow in him and let us know for sure what he scores. I'd definitely agree with Allen and DDS and I'd have to say he's in the 200" range maybe even more. I've seen several similar narrow bucks taken that were close to or over 200" and from the pics he appears to be every bit as big or bigger than a couple bucks I'm thinking of. It's always difficult judging score from a pic as many of us can attest to by the contests Amanda has on here, but I would say no matter the score he's a fantastic and a very unique buck. Do you have to wait till Dec. to go after him?

Hope you get to hunt him and good luck if you do.

I have a rifle tag in November. If I can't get him then, I will try in December and January. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

that buck is very tall,the long tines are lots of points, no doubt a wall hanger,hes a product of a wet year and good age awesome.keep those pics coming.

So you guys guessing 200 are you talking net or gross and with or without the velvet. He not gonna have the velvet when he gets wacked, so I didn't think he would net that high. Although, that is a heck of a nontypical point on his g-3 right side. I defer to you guys like Wetmule that have lots of experience judging mule deer.

You might email the pic to Duwane Adams and see if he will give you an estimate.

I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing you have a Nov tag and that monster is out there!! :)

Go get some video of him and I will post it on the site.

Amanda

I have already emailed it to Dwayne Adams. We will see what he has to say. We will be glassing a ton for this guy. When we find him I will get some video.

I give him:

22" inside

23" beams

18" g2's

15&12" g3's

12&11" g4's

1" g1

34" on mass

6" for inline cheater

gross=195" solid bone :(

matthewp45, put a tag on the brute then a tape :)

For me I would say 200+ Gross bone even without velvet. As far as officially scoring him I would say there could be some debate on his right side as to what his G-2 is.

The second photo with his head down shows that maybe that back point could be scored as the abnormal, with the next two being the G-2 & 3 as they match up and look more like the other back fork. Maybe Amanda could help with this. I agree with most of your estimates Deerslam except I would say whichever abnormal you count, it is bigger than 6", I would also say that the G-4's are maybe 14" & 12" and his left side G-2 is 20" or 21", IMO. At any rate whatever he scores he's a heck of a buck and I hope you get to wrap your tag around him Matt . Best of Luck and thanks for posting your find.

I was counting the foward point as the abnormal point. Now that I look more closely at the headon pic I may be a couples inches short on that tine due to the hook inward on that tine. A couple other tines hook also so we may have to add a few inches. I'd say 200" gross and no more than that with the narrow inside spread. ;)

I agree with Wetmule that I think the farthest back tine on that g-3 would be the abnormal. Like he said, the forward tine seems to match better with the other side. Of course, it may all look different in hand.

Thanks for all the feedback on measurements of each tine. Cool stuff. Great buck!

Amanda

I agree with Wetmule that I think the farthest back tine on that g-3 would be the abnormal.  Like he said, the forward tine seems to match better with the other side.  Of course, it may all look different in hand. 

Thanks for all the feedback on measurements of each tine.  Cool stuff.  Great buck!

Amanda

Either way he is going to gross the same :D

matthewp45, we are counting on you to tag this TOAD ;)

Here's what I come up with.

# of points L-4 R-5

Tip to tip spread 7 4/8"

Greatest Spread 25-26"

Inside spread 22"

Abnormal Points L-0" R-6 3/8"

Main beam L-23" R-22"

G1 L-0" R-1"

G2 L-17" R-16"

G3 L-9" R-12"

G4 L-10" R-11"

Total L-59" R-68 3/8"

H-1 L-4 4/8" R-4 2/8"

H-2 L-4 2/8" R-4 2/8"

H-3 L-4 0/8" R-4 0/8"

H-4 L-3 6/8" R-3 6/8"

Total L-16 4/8 R-16 2/8"

Total Mass 32 6/8"

59"+68 3/8"+22"+32 6/8"=182 1/8" Gross

68 3/8"-59"=9 3/8"

16 4/8"-16 2/8"=2/8"

Total deductions-9 5/8"

182 1/8"-9 5/8"=172 6/8" Net Typical

It's a big buck, sometimes that velvet makes them appear bigger though. The spread keeps this buck from making the 190's.

111 gets my vote on this one.