Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Finally checked the cams after 4 months!

I have a covert out and I have it set on video , It will be out for 2 weeks doing 60 sec video's. I wonder how long the reg AA will last ?

Let me know how the batteries hold up to the videos taken. :)

TJ

I have a covert out and I have it set on video , It will be out for 2 weeks doing 60 sec video's. I wonder how long the reg AA will last ?

Let us know how it does. I think you will find you want to cut that video down to 10 sec clips. I started out to 1 min and it's just too long as the animal usually comes in and leaves pretty quick. 10 sec saves space on the card and life on the battery. I did find that battery life was much shorter with long video. But I don't remember how much shorter, so I am curious as to what you find.

I don't think I could ever shoot that bear. Beautiful animal. :)

TJ

awesome spot!

great pics!!!!!

james

I do believe the lithium batteries are better- I use them in my camera and rangefinder. When I am setting trail cameras though, I can't see a reason to use 4 lithiums that cost $10 in lieu of 8 alkalines that are only $2-$3. I guess if you are backpacking 7 or 8 cameras in and are trying to save every ounce, you might notice it. I just buy 40 packs of AA alkalines and replace them every time I pull a card if it has bee more than a couple of weeks. If you are putting a camera out and know you can't check it for 6 months ( can't imagine why I would do that) and you can somehow set the camera so it doesn't fill up so fast, the lithiums might well serve a good purpose.

I really like the lithium batteries for my cordless drill- they are less than half the weight! It gets heavy packing that thing!

just to let everyone know I went out and checked my covert I had shooting video and my batteries were dead only took 33 one minute video's. I was hoping the batteries would last a little longer. I think what kills them is the fact that the light comes on while video is being shoot . The night ones are not so good when the animals are far away. But the daytime ones are great . will try to post some of the video later.

just to let everyone know I went out and checked my covert I had shooting video and my batteries were dead only took 33 one minute video's. I was hoping the batteries would last a little longer. I think what kills them is the fact that the light comes on while video is being shoot . The night ones are not so good when the animals are far away. But the daytime ones are great . will try to post some of the video later.

That's good info. The video definitely drains the batteries faster. Still you got over 30 minutes of video..seems to me I used to get more than that on my Covert 2s, but I would have to go check....

How much of that was at night? Were you using lithiums? Lithiums might get you a lot more time on video.

But I also suggest doing 10 second video clips. It not only saves battery power, but also keeps the files smaller so they are easier to download and review and your card doesn't fill up so fast. When I first started doing video I set it to a minute, but after reviewing them all I realized that the animals were pretty much gone long before the video was finished and so I had a bunch of wasted time in the video. And a one minute video is especially annoying if it's started by a branch blowing in the wind!!

I don't think I could ever shoot that bear. Beautiful animal. :)

TJ

Hey TJ, I'll stick that bear for ya! ;) It is a very pretty bear Amanda, but I don't think I would have a single problem throwing an arrow at him. Great pics, fantastic spot!!!

Iwas using plan AA batteries, I have alot of cow elk video of them licking the camera, they all seem to like the flavor of the bear box for the covert camera you sell. :P

Iwas using plan AA batteries, I have alot of cow elk video of them licking the camera, they all seem to like the flavor of the bear box for the covert camera you sell. :P

LOL! Hey, are you using the new HR camera or the Covert 2?

Ok, here is our first attempt at doing a video on youtube....

Try this link