HaYen

Price check in sporting goods

A while back I was a little strapped for cash. I wanted to sell my 30-06. 10/22, and S&W 1911 Scandium. The 30 is a Stevens 200 with an all wood Savage stock and Timney trigger, with less than 200 rounds though it, I was asking $300 w/ scope. The 10/22 is heavily modified (the receiver is the only original piece left), again I was asking $300 with the scope. The 1911 was a NIB ($800) impulse buy and has had less than 200 rounds through it. I was asking $400. I was told at time the only firearm I would get any money for was the 1911. Well things are much better now and I don't have to sell anything (although I do have a Remington 799 22-250 sitting in a box and has never been fired).

Here is my question. There is a guy selling the following firearms, are these considered good deals to anyone?

The 7mm Rem Mag XCR is listed on Bud's NIB for around $812 (est.). The BDL is $75 cheaper without a stock. My inquiry is not about the guy selling the rifles, but more about use gun prices.

The 7mm-08 Varmint Special is basically a factory stock rifle, in excellent condition. $575.

The 222 Rem BDL is pretty much factory, with the exception of permanent sling swivels in place of studs. Exc, $550.

The 7mm Rem Mag XCR is stainless with the factory stock. Exc, $550.

The 7mm Rem Mag BDL barrelled action only is exc, $475.

The 243 Model Seven is a stainless gun in a walnut stock, exc, $625.

The 223 M700 is an ADL with a Douglas barrel in a Brown Precision stock, bead blasted and blued, exc, $800.

Those prices seem a lil high, If he sells them then Congrats to the new owners and the seller.

But then again I dont think he REALLY wants to sell them.

See I thought about Gun Broker and Auction Arms, but that doesn't really answer my question. If someone posts a Remington 700 XCR in a 7mm Rem Mag with a starting bid of $700. Then that's where they think the price should start. I would need access to the data from auctions that have ended with a sale and did not have a starting bid. Even then it would be subjective to condition.

That is a guy that doesn't really want to sell that stuff but is just testing the waters methinks. Prices are too high.

The prices are high if he needs to sell them. It reminds me of a friend of mine that when his wife was bugging him to sell his old Ford Bronco. He put a for sale sign in the back window and when he got phone calls would tell them he wanted 15 thousand for it. His wife never knew how much he was asking but knew it was up for sale and quit bugging him. Win win.

you can always register on gunbroker and see completed auctions to see what those guns are selling for. always quite a bit difference between what they ask for them and what they actually get sold for.