Sign in to follow this  
MangeyJoe

Need Ideas!

I'm gettting married to the love of my life in April, and can't wait until that day. She has most of her shopping and wedding planning done including wedding dress, venue, and brides mates dresses and gifts for her brides mates. I don't have s**t done. I have been thinking about what to give my groomsmen and best man as gifts. no one is a hunter or fishermen like me, but my dad (best man) is a electrician, my brother in-law (groomsmen) is 18 and just graduated high school, and my cousin (groomsman) is 21 and works like 3 jobs. I was thinking of buying them beer as groomsmen gifts but one is only 18, so thats out of the question. I was thinking of getting custom engraving with there names on buck knives but no one does custom engraving and i'm out of ideas on what to get them. Please help and give me some ideas, or tell me what you guys did or got for your groomsmen.

I would suggest finding some really good beer mugs and have them etched with something you see fitting. When the younger ones are of age they can use them until then they can just drink root beer out of them.

I don't own or like flasks but the mugs would be cool but i don't know if mug engraving is possible, and i'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket. I want as many ideas as i can get...

At my wedding we did engraved mugs. I have received a flask and mag light from other wedding. Knives are good too.

If your located in where you can go to one of the Malls then go to the store called Things Remembered they have all these types of things and do the engraving.... I personally like a nice Knife ... think it just depends on what the guys in the party are like ...

here is a link to that store may give you ideas ... http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs...36__3008?occId=

I might be wrong but I think Amanda here sells beer mugs ;) Good luck on your "new life" and hope your wife likes hunting :)

Ernesto C

My advice.....don't do it. But it sounds like its to late. I would look harder at finding a trophy shop that will engrave buck knifes.

I did not buy my anything. I took them all out to the skeet shooting range and gave them a night of shooting when it was cooler. Buy a couple of clay rounds. Buy the cheap ammo and buy pizza later. Have a small guys night out.

My advice.....don't do it. But it sounds like its to late. I would look harder at finding a trophy shop that will engrave buck knifes.

I agree with the buck knives and that shop in the mall will engrave them and do a good job

Spyderco makes a great knife for engraving, I think its called an Enduro, the handles are all stainless and look real sharp. Plus they are a great knife!

LMAO :lol: ... I'm very happy for marrying my best friend, I've been in love with her forever and when i first met her I told my buddy I was going to marry her and now look. This was meant to be and our parents know what we mean to each other. I have no regrets with marrying the greatest person in my life. Marriage isn't for everyone but it's definately for me... I'm ready to settle down and start a family, and take my kids predator hunting so when I am older and can't drive, they'll be the one taking me out predator hunting

I Need More Ideas

If you aren't into buying gifts, make a monetary donation to any worthy cause in each one of their names. St Judes would be my choice, but there are hundreds of others. Maybe if there has been breast cancer somewhere in the family you could make donations to breast cancer research. Just a thought.

If they are good people, they will appreciate that much more than a gift that they may never use.

If you aren't into buying gifts, make a monetary donation to any worthy cause in each one of their names. St Judes would be my choice, but there are hundreds of others. Maybe if there has been breast cancer somewhere in the family you could make donations to breast cancer research. Just a thought.

If they are good people, they will appreciate that much more than a gift that they may never use.

Fortunately breast cancer has never effected my family(knock on wood), but unfortunately childhood cancer has so St. Jude's would be a good shoice. But I don't think that would be proper.