Sign in to follow this  
FOGGER

23N Early rifle bull

Been scouting my butt off for my brothers Early Rifle bull in 23N. Does anyone else with this tag, have you been having trouble locating big bulls this year? been all over the unit glassing about 15 days total. Never been to 23 before but are the bulls going to show up where the cows are? I assume so, but it getting discouraging with such a great tag the lack of big bulls we have seen..

I have that tag also. Im going out this weekend to scout things out. I have never been there either but i hear the big ones are there. We will see what i see. Good luck to you

That is a great tag to have. Everything changes when the rut starts up. I have helped out on that hunt a couple of times, you guy's will have a great time. Good luck!!!

Heres a couple of bulls from last year, If you're not finding anything let me know I might be able to point you in A direction.

post-2457-1280894217_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280894364_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1280894384_thumb.jpg

Here is one from last year... "The Joker" ;) .... DYI is tough in 23 if you don't know the unit....or rather how the unit works. Keep after it... ahrd work always pays. ;)

post-996-1280896246_thumb.jpg

Those are some dandy bulls! Cant wait to get out there!

We passed bigger bulls... and bigger ones came later..... wierd year last year... Hopping this one is better! ;)

I would not be worrying about the big bulls just yet.... ;) Like Gino says just work hard it will pay off I know you guys will find one worth shooting. Its gonna be a fun hunt :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for all the comments, Its reassuring to know they are there. We are definatly going to hunt our tails off. Thanks again

I would not be worrying about the big bulls just yet.... ;) Like Gino says just work hard it will pay off I know you guys will find one worth shooting. Its gonna be a fun hunt :rolleyes:

AZRYan you are a fag like you have any idea. Go shoot yotes or something.

Most of the bulls come from the REZ and they usually start heading over after they rub. Find the Cows and start scouting hard after the bulls rub. It wouldnt hurt to put some cams where the cows are now because the bulls will come.

AZRYan you are a fag like you have any idea. Go shoot yotes or something.

Most of the bulls come from the REZ and they usually start heading over after they rub. Find the Cows and start scouting hard after the bulls rub. It wouldnt hurt to put some cams where the cows are now because the bulls will come.

:lol: your right I dont know :rolleyes: :ph34r: I forgot that your the elk expert in the state, Ronnie.

I glassed up 8 bulls yesterday in 23N. Biggest one is a 7x10. I took some pics through my spotting scope but this computer will not recognize an SD card so I can't post them. I bumped a few more hiking- one giant bull.

There are plenty of resident bulls in 23N right now. They are strung out from the Rez line to Tonto creek. You just have to get out there. If you have having that much trouble, your brother may want to hire a guide that knows 23N. That is like the very best tag in the ENTIRE world. He would be foolish to squander it away. Every bull I glassed was from a road so I didn't try very hard.

Good luck

Great tag in a great unit. My locksmith got one close to 380" in there a few years back with a broken 5th (or was it 6th ... I don't remember). Two years ago, another guy I know got one in the lower 370's, and last year he went with a guy who got one in the 360's. They are out there.

Coues 'n' Sheep ... what did "the Joker" score ... he looks FANTASTIC!!! Catclaw may be right ... that may be the best tag around.