otdrsman

First black bear

Hey Paul congratss on the bear! I was really pulling for you! Now if you need someone to help with the other bear just let me know ;)

Huge congrats! I will be willing to help clear out any other bears in the area so they dont scare your deer away! ;)

Good job and way to not hang your head after day 1. As for the AR I hope you were shooting the AR-30 and not the AR-15 as that would seem a bit shy for a black bear, especially over a couple hundred yards away or more! I'm sure this will stir the pot but thought I would ask, but beings you mentioned varmint or coyote shooting in the same breath I assume the 15! Still though you got your first bear and that is indeed an accomplishment and a rush no doubt! Congrats pardner!

Congrats and thanks for posting! Great job! JIM>

Good job and way to not hang your head after day 1. As for the AR I hope you were shooting the AR-30 and not the AR-15 as that would seem a bit shy for a black bear, especially over a couple hundred yards away or more! I'm sure this will stir the pot but thought I would ask, but beings you mentioned varmint or coyote shooting in the same breath I assume the 15! Still though you got your first bear and that is indeed an accomplishment and a rush no doubt! Congrats pardner!

Hey Wheels, you mis-read the story, you can see the rifle in the pic and he used the wrong crosshair not remembering he was using his rifle and not the AR that he had used earlier on coyotes.