Went out today with littlebear...as usual...and had a good day. Got some good pics on the cam and picked up a small rack and shed. Here are some of the pics of the cam...enjoy :rolleyes:

post-553-1127612333.jpg

post-553-1127612350.jpg

post-553-1127612366.jpg

post-553-1127612379.jpg

Dude, Once again you guy's rock :rolleyes: Thanks for the great pic's....Did the small rack have any sign of what killed it ?

Guest Ernesto C

Wow!! you guys are doing your home work,it will be easy for you two to pass the test. Thanks and God bless.

Ernesto C

Never shoot a bullet to a flat,hard surface or water.

You guys are dialed in :rolleyes:

Thats a pretty nice buck.

I just have to say you guys have some REALLY good pictures! I think these trail cams are super cool and have to wonder about the pictures that people get and they do not want to share. Ya know the ones with the new record busters, that they want to keep sectret until they tag it!

Travis, They usually shed there velvet late Sept. thru mid Oct.

Thanks, that's what I figured. It seems like to me the bigger bucks will rub first then the smaller. I was scouting unit 27 in New Mexico one time in late October and the big bucks were slick, but most of the smaller bucks still had the velvet. I thought that was kind of late, but maybe normal that far south.

Travis

I too have seen some in late Oct. in full velvet, last Oct. I got a spike that still had about half its velvet and his head, nose and ears had green lookin pollin stuff all over it from him rubbing.

I was in NM this weekend. We saw two three points that already had their velvet rubbed off. They were sparring with each other while the other bucks just stood around. CB

On the 19th saw a 80 incher that had already rubbed. So hopefully the pics will start showing some shinny antlers. :o

Is the close 3 point in the top right pic the same 3 point as in the bottom right picture on the left side of the pic? It is hard to tell with the angle on the top right pic. CB