Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

A few Foxes

My buddy and I spent the weekend archery bear hunting. With only a morning to hunt before going home, we decided to do a little calling, instead of glassing in the heat. In 6 stands we called in 4 but only shot 2 of them. The rest of them got a pass untill the hides are a little better.

A few pics

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Great Job!!!

Good job. You are smart to let them grow a couple more months and also get some more fur. All reports say greys are going up this year so we might as well wait to kill them till those pelts are prime.

Good job. You are smart to let them grow a couple more months and also get some more fur. All reports say greys are going up this year so we might as well wait to kill them till those pelts are prime.

These were actually good size foxes for this part of the country. One was 8lbs and one was 9lbs. I don't know what they average, but most of mine last year were in the 5-7lb range. We called in one that was noticably bigger than the rest, but didn't shoot him. You are right about the fur, we need to wait a while longer. We used bird distress for all our stands. We had one come in at about 30 seconds and the longest one took about 15 minutes. All of them came in at a dead run.

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on your foxes. :)

TJ