Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Kind of early in the night but....

Since Glassman was part of Raul "Please Boycot My State" Grijalva's congressional staff, I'm guessing he will be just as much a flaming liberal as Grijalva, who happens to be the 3rd most liberal member of congress (govtrack.us-Oct 2009)

You might not think that's much of a choice, but McLaim (as you say) would probably be the better choice.

We, as voters and Americans, need to start demanding better people running for office. IMHO

How that is even a question is beyond me. Glassman would just be more of the same obama policy support and liberal nonsence. McCain is by far the better choice than Glassman. And speaking of the boycotter (grijalva) I think he is in some trouble in November since McClung won the GOP primary tonite.

Not to hijack the thread in total, but there were a few surprises last night:

McCain's total beatdown of Hayworth was probably expected, but that margin is painful!

Republican AG race between Horne and Thomas is huge! Most people seemed to think Horne in a walk-off.

Bill Montgomery beating Romley so handily was quite shocking to most.

Jan Brewer winning was a total shocker! (Ok, sarcasm needed to be added for fun!)

Sylvian Allen trouncing Bill Konopnicki in Legislative District 5 was downright interesting!!! And fun to watch as a conservative!

For State Superintendent of Public Instruction, the race between Huppenthal and Kotterman is going to get downright disgustingly ugly and expensive. The National Education Association will probably dump a few million into this race for Kotterman, and I hope she loses BADLY!

In my Justice of the Peace race, the incumbent ran a dirty and unprofessional campaign, ultimately being trounced by the newcomer who I have worked with and for for manyyears.

Quite a large amount of the State House and Senate were determined last night, so lots of fights are over.

Any other shockers to anyone else out there? What did I miss?

Almost forgot that Kelly beat Paton, a huge upset to most, but not all if you believed the poll that Kelly put out a few weeks ago.

Also, the struggle for GOP leadership in the State Senate may have been decided last night with the conservatives vs. the moderates.

BUSY night!

Shed some light on Kotterman for me cause I have no info on her whereas Hoppenthal I am not that impressed with either.

As an educator myself, Hoppenthal has some issues that I am not in favor one of them being his stance on charter schools and public schools.

Considering the amount of money McCain dumped into his pitch I would expect the results he got plus, if you think he might flop back over for immigration he probably got hispanic votes. They probably figure he flopped on that once and so he will again. Just thinkin.

Nothing really surprises me anymore.....after the last presidential election I have little faith in the perception that we have as the taxpaying slaves........

But I am glad to be here in this country, born and raised here and wouldn't trade it for another existing country.

Will McCain close off the border?????

Non-typical,

PM sometime so we can chat off-line about the differences between Kotterman and Huppenthal from my perspective. I would not want to necessarily turn this into a debate or discussion that may devolve, but would really like to share my experiences. Glad to see an educator on here! Thanks for what you do!

now that mccain is in for 6 more years and will be like 112 next time he's up for election, i can see him doing even less than he has that past 20 years. he might run out and try some other bill that will be deemed unconstituional and cost a jillion bucks in the mean time or keep up with his "no earmarks for Az" policy that just means all the money goes to some other state instead of us. or maybe he'll leave his mafia princess for another chick even younger than her. it's been apparant for several months that jd wasn't gonna win and i have some serious doubts about his capability, but i know one thing, he ain't mccain. and that was enough for me to vote for him. i hope thomas pulls out the AG deal. at least he's hard on border crossers. i don't see horne being much of an asset there. if brewer can keep the momentum and whup up on that dork goddard-napalitano it'll be a good thing. he won't be the AG or the gov and be out of politics in Az. anytime he's a civilian, it's good for this state. i can't imagine what he'd do to Az as gov. with napalitano, she just didn't do anything. that moron would try to do something, and it would be wrong. the nov general election is gonna be interesting. some interesting races in Az. hopefully harry mitchell will lose. but there are some real interesting things to watch in other states. florida, california and nevada especially. use your vote like a rifle. Lark.

now that mccain is in for 6 more years and will be like 112 next time he's up for election, i can see him doing even less than he has that past 20 years. he might run out and try some other bill that will be deemed unconstituional and cost a jillion bucks in the mean time or keep up with his "no earmarks for Az" policy that just means all the money goes to some other state instead of us. or maybe he'll leave his mafia princess for another chick even younger than her. it's been apparant for several months that jd wasn't gonna win and i have some serious doubts about his capability, but i know one thing, he ain't mccain. and that was enough for me to vote for him. i hope thomas pulls out the AG deal. at least he's hard on border crossers. i don't see horne being much of an asset there. if brewer can keep the momentum and whup up on that dork goddard-napalitano it'll be a good thing. he won't be the AG or the gov and be out of politics in Az. anytime he's a civilian, it's good for this state. i can't imagine what he'd do to Az as gov. with napalitano, she just didn't do anything. that moron would try to do something, and it would be wrong. the nov general election is gonna be interesting. some interesting races in Az. hopefully harry mitchell will lose. but there are some real interesting things to watch in other states. florida, california and nevada especially. use your vote like a rifle. Lark.

My feelings exactly....... :angry: