Sign in to follow this  
bstpeter

Loaded Rifle in the rig?

I've had friends tell me yes no problem while hunting off the paved roads and then I've been told no??? No loaded rifles in the rig where I grew up so I'm use to it but was wondering if someone on here actually knew the answer to that question. Thanks

True there is no law in AZ that pertains to having a loaded firearm in the vehicle, but it could be construed as hunting with the aide of a vehicle. Depends on the totality of the circumstances of'course. It's just not safe and not smart. Why would you want a loaded gun in the truck if your not road hunting? Good luck on your hunt and stay safe!

True there is no law in AZ that pertains to having a loaded firearm in the vehicle, but it could be construed as hunting with the aide of a vehicle. Depends on the totality of the circumstances of'course. It's just not safe and not smart. Why would you want a loaded gun in the truck if your not road hunting? Good luck on your hunt and stay safe!

cause once the season opens im hunting wether driving from a glassing spot to the next or in a stalk. i learn from mistakes and missed the chance at the largest wt i have ever seen while drivin back to camp cause i had unloaded my gun and couldnt get a shell in with the buck fever.

P.S. when i drive with the gun "loaded" its with the shells in the mag not in the cahmber just to make that clear.

Its okay in Arizona EXCEPT for the Apache Rez. You can not have a loaded weapon on the san carlos rez. Just an FYI.

well i have the gun with ammo in the gun but never one loaded in the chamber unless i am out of the truck. I am sure this is what he was asking about.

as long as it's not a remmy 700 :rolleyes:

ha ha

- On a side note it isn't safe so don't do it.

I will usaully have rounds in the mag but not in the chamber. Yes it may be construed as hunting from a vehicle. Honestly I have never been checked. I would like to know what AZG&F's take is on this with the changing of AZ gun laws.

Most comments have covered the generalities......

As mentioned though, the laws/rules regarding road hunting are both 'strict', while at the same time being 'soft'..... Meaning, it is up to the WM to determine whether you are road hunting or not. If you're driving around with your rifle 'handy', and there are rounds in the mag, then a WM might make the judgment call that you are 'road hunting' if checked. Some WM's could be strict, and some not.

I know one personally who told me that if/when he comes across a bow hunter driving down the road with a release on his wrist, then he will site them for hunting from a vehicle.

Interpretation of the laws/rules is just that: INTERPRETATION! ;)

Bottom line though, as has been stated, it is NOT illegal to have a loaded weapon in your vehicle! ;)

S.

:)

as long as it's not a remmy 700 :rolleyes:

<_< :angry: :lol:

as long as you step off the road and no shooting across the road. as long as you do that youll be good

This only applies to "maintained" roads. The regs point that for saftey reasons you shouldn't shood across "any" road, but the law only applies to maintained roads.